Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After this meeting I think I am on board with no advertising (or very limited). As long as demand exceeds supply then no need to advertise (traditional advertising). That would just take money from R&D. Rate of innovation is the most important thing as with each iteration the battery cost/efficiency/quality improve. That is the biggest determining factor in making EV a sustained and mass market reality. As many resources as possible must go into technology iterations.

What Tesla need is not traditional advertisement. ICE cars are all equally crapy, so they spend billions on ads to fool people to think one brand is better than the other. Tesla shouldn't play their game, because Tesla is actually better. We should find creative ways to spread the message. Tesla cars are far superior, but most people don't know.

What Tesla need is not traditional advertisement. ICE cars are all equally crapy, so they spend billions on ads to fool people to think one brand is better than the other. Tesla shouldn't play their game, because Tesla is actually better. We should find creative ways to spread the message. Tesla cars are far superior, but most people don't know.

What they need is just a 5 second ad

Model 3, 240 miles range, Auto pilot, 39k.

Done

Everyone still thinks a Tesla cost 70k+ which is a disservice to sells. But they can't fulfill demand and probably don't want 100k orders pouring in and can't make enough giving people a sour taste.

Anyone here claiming to buy Teslas because they care about climate change but then turn around and criticize the woman from PETA are complete hypocrites....

It’s a steering wheel. A Steering Wheel.

Never mind the fact there’s a technological reason for A Steering Wheel to be covered with leather and not something else. Elon literally explained why.

If PETA would like to replace all Tesla steering wheels for the life of every car, then have at it and give me a fake leather covered steering wheel, I don’t care and neither will most everyone else on the planet. Until then, go pick a bigger fish to fry - like the President of the USA who’s in the midst of allowing a number of species to be decimated.

I’m going to stop now before I really get on a role about the infinite number of absolutely butt backwards decisions that organization has made that’s led to horrific animal suffering and cruelty.

Dude, wth.

I wasn’t saying I expect him to give us the rundown in detail. Maxwell integration is far out enough that I don’t care what he says about it right now. I was just responding to someone asking whether anything was mentioned about it.
I assume all that will be covered in the battery investors day. If they cover it now, there won't be any point to the battery investors day.

Reactions: kelly and neroden
Whatever they do it should me more that what they are doing now. Simple word of mouth is not enough - at least not until a majority of people use EVs.

Why don't you sell your TSLA shares and buy a company that needs to advertise? Because Tesla doesn't. The product is that good. Tesla advertising would be the same as flushing money down the toilet. They already sell all the cars they can make and they are making them as fast as they can.

Wake up! Musk let it be known that production is going reasonably well and there is no demand problem. They are selling every car they can make, advertising will not accelerate their goals, not even a little bit!
What's so hard to understand?

If advertising increases demand, cars can be sold at a higher price or more costly versions can be sold. The increased revenue can then be used to expedite the introduction of new vehicles, accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy.

What's so hard to understand?

If advertising increases demand, cars can be sold at a higher price or more costly versions can be sold. The increased revenue can then be used to expedite the introduction of new vehicles, accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Creating a demand for products you can't supply usually results in sales of competitors' products. Selling at a higher price decreases the number of people who can afford a Tesla. Tesla already has a reputation for high price, it doesn't need to be turned into a reality.