Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so you assume the general public is most stupid and shortsighted, and they can not see beyond the immediate cost thus EVs are forever in a niche due
In general a good assumption for at least half the population..
Technically it is a fact, since 50% of the population is more stupid than the average :p

Think of the dozens of lost Einsteins, Goethes and Newtons that have lived and died as nameless farmers
Weekend OT

So true. A German mathematician named Karl Schwarzschild worked out the first exact solution to Einstein's field equations for General Relativity, a solution which Einstein himself could only approximate in his seminal 1915 paper.

Schwarzschild's exact solution literally predicted the existence of Black Holes from the math itself. He wrote to Einstein of his discovery in Dec 1915 while serving in the German Army at the Russian front.

Karl died in Potsdam the following Spring from a disease he developed at the front. We will never know what other discoveries he could have contributed. He died 103 yrs ago on May 11, at the age of 42.

R.I.P. Karl Schwarzschild

Take it with a huge grain of salt, the worker speaking the video does not sounds like a reliable source. First he said they are required to connect all utilities by May. Then he said the natural gas pipline's deadline is Aug. He said they expect to begin production end of the years. and then he said they are only a small group in charge of the natural gas pipeline only, he does not know any other part of the project. Then he said the second and the third state would take 2-3 years, and then he said again he's only working on the natural gas line, so no knowledge about other part.

who knows.

So he works for the guys who sources gas/oil to the pipes?

Not necessarily so, 50% of the population is less intelligent than the median. The mean (average) may not be the same value as the median, depending on distribution.

Mean, Median, Mode, and Range | Purplemath
I think it is a common belief that intelligence is distributed as normal distribution.

But you’re right, I have to rewrite my maxim;
If intelligence is distributed as a normal distribution, that is a fact.

Tesla Model 3 #1 in Australia?

Twitter

"Tesla dominating the new market in Austria." -- lol, the other Australia...

Cheers!

D7QUkmYWsAEZALf.jpg

So he works for the guys who sources gas/oil to the pipes?
Yes, I found this claim to be dubious myself. GF1/Sparks actually has NO gas pipeline running to the site, as Tesla made the decision early in the design phase to go 100% electric for all energy needs. I can't see Tesla reversing that decision for GF3.

The entire NOA feature is available in The Netherlands but non in Belgium. Whether you can even see the button to enable it seems to depend on the country targeted by Tesla for the car, but the feature itself stops working as you cross the border from The Netherlands to Belgium.
We have the same in Finland. But we’re all EU countries, do you know, what is the reason for this?

We have the same in Finland. But we’re all EU countries, do you know, what is the reason for this?

They need to collect and analyze a certain number of miles to account for country-specific circumstances before activating more advanced autopilot features? Norway has the highest density of cars (and generates most income) so it was the first to be priotirized.

Reactions: wipster and Matias
The entire NOA feature is available in The Netherlands but non in Belgium. Whether you can even see the button to enable it seems to depend on the country targeted by Tesla for the car, but the feature itself stops working as you cross the border from The Netherlands to Belgium.

They need to collect and analyze a certain number of miles to account for country-specific circumstances before activating more advanced autopilot features? Norway has the highest density of cars (and generates most income) so it was the first to be priotirized.

Also, while there are EU level regulations, traffic law is not harmonized over the EU and regulatory agencies related to road traffic are significantly country specific and dominantly idiosyncratic: even where the laws are largely similar there will be different people in different countries having different opinion about what is safe and what is not safe and how the regulations are to be interpreted.

Since Tesla is aiming for each regulatory agency to sign off on NoA features, the outcomes are per country as well - and the timing depends on how short (or long) each regulatory agency takes to sign off on a given feature and sub-feature.