Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could see 30% of the world's population, simply because of India and Indonesia, but not 30% of the car market. India is like 20% of global population but only 4-5% of it's car market.
1200px-Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg.png

The US and China alone are half the world's auto market.

Antarctica's NHSTA equivalent stipulate passenger vehicles must have steering wheel on the left side of the car? All roads and highways are right hand drive?

• Funny
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Morning heads-up:

Some of you have asked for a Model S refresh. You may or may not have seen theseView attachment 400136 View attachment 400138

On edit: Why the "funny"s? Am I late to a reveal party? Serious question - I'm ridiculously busy now and can be missing some things.
Exterior : A little too agressively styled for Tesla, but not terrible. If someone else made this exterior as an EV, good for them.

Interior : *pukes*

That's about how the deal on my 90D Model X works out (swap cars, add performance, upgrade from 90 to 100 kWh pack) - car costs about a wash. There's a whole LOT more car for sale today than a couple years ago, while still leaving the non-performance Model X I bought 2 or 3 years ago as one of the best cars on the planet (IMHO).

Anyway - if only I could transfer the free supercharging for life to an upgraded car, I think that'd probably be the nudge that would do it for me. Just thought I'd type that out for Tesla's text parsers to pick up on when they sweep through the forum and pick up another vote :)
Likewise it would probably push me over the edge as well. Even though so far, I've only used about $6K or $7K worth of free supercharging..

Reactions: jerry33
That's about how the deal on my 90D Model X works out (swap cars, add performance, upgrade from 90 to 100 kWh pack) - car costs about a wash. There's a whole LOT more car for sale today than a couple years ago, while still leaving the non-performance Model X I bought 2 or 3 years ago as one of the best cars on the planet (IMHO).

Anyway - if only I could transfer the free supercharging for life to an upgraded car, I think that'd probably be the nudge that would do it for me. Just thought I'd type that out for Tesla's text parsers to pick up on when they sweep through the forum and pick up another vote :)

If they would allow me to keep my unlimited supercharging for life, I would upgrade w/ the free Ludicrous mode. I may talk to the Sales team over at my local service/dealership here in Virginia and see if they'd be willing to do that. That would seal the deal for me...

yeah, but 20k is a helluvalotta supercharging on one vehicle, no?

if the avg SC session is $10, that’s 2,000 charges, even at 200 mi/session it’s 400k miles
For me, I'd probably only use it a few times when showing someone, whereas Supercharging is used on every road trip. YMMV

LMGTFY:
View attachment 400252

Sometimes it's reasonable to ask for sources. Sometimes it's trolling.

Sometimes I'm not sure if people can read on this forum or if they're just trolling.

Please allow me this one question: Are you capable of comprehending the semantic difference between relative population- vs. relative car market-size?

No? That's what I've thought.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger