Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anecdotal FSD progress with the latest firmware (still on HW 2.5):

Autopilot appears to react to signaling car : teslamotors

"I'm on 5.15 and noticed so much improvement in allowing cars to merge, as well as the auto lane change, it's crazy. Even in heavy traffic it works almost flawlessly. Today I drove on-ramp to off-ramp (~10 miles) without a single disengagement and switching lanes with AP."​

Buckle up. ;)

Just glanced through Tesla Semi ordering page to see the specs and pricing. IMO, once this thing gets delivered and provides reliable service it will be the biggest game changer for Tesla. If UPS, FedEx, etc. calculate potential savings in regards to fuel and maintenance this will create an image that could not be misrepresented by shorts and fake media. Once big trucking tastes the power of Tesla EV Semi benefits it will be over for good.

Just glanced through Tesla Semi ordering page to see the specs and pricing. IMO, once this thing gets delivered and provides reliable service it will be the biggest game changer for Tesla. If UPS, FedEx, etc. calculate potential savings in regards to fuel and maintenance this will create an image that could not be misrepresented by shorts and fake media. Once big trucking tastes the power of Tesla EV Semi benefits it will be over for good.
Anecdotal: I talked to a trucker online who hauls for Telsa. He seemed like a fairly anti-EV person but said he liked the Semi once he got used to the layout and really enjoyed how powerful and smooth it was.

"I'm on 5.15 and noticed so much improvement in allowing cars to merge, as well as the auto lane change, it's crazy. Even in heavy traffic it works almost flawlessly. Today I drove on-ramp to off-ramp (~10 miles) without a single disengagement and switching lanes with AP."

Buckle up. ;)

Once the first few videos hit social media showing a tesla leave a parking lot and pick up it's owner Tesla will be absolutely drowning in orders. "For 40k I get a car that can do that? Shut up and take my money".

The funny thing is this has 5 disagrees. I still know many ppl who have no clue about Tesla's. Word of mouth is not enough. I run my own business and the returns on advertising $$ spent are huge. Tesla should consider it.
I cringe at the suggestion Tesla throw money into "Advertising" - AKA overpaying for pictures - by people who know even less about marketing than I know. If Tesla needs more sales, Tesla knows how to leverage digital viral social media for maximum impact without burning billions of dollars. Your suggestion of "advertising" (and judging by your recent posts, I am not surprised) -would not be in Tesla's best interest.

I apologize if this has been already mentioned...Just trying to help Q1 numbers:

Those of us who did not buy EAP and/or FSD were offered a sale - either $3k less for both or $1k less for FSD. That caused a backlash from owners who paid $8k upfront and as a result the sale ends on Monday.

You know what to do. Just imagine the new shiny HW3 with 10x processing power.

Screenshot_20190312-115555_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Fred's position/comments should be outed and posted all over the internet. He's using his influence to force other people to pay more simply because he's butt hurt about paying slightly more than others. Dear lord he reeks of entitlement.

PS. If it's true...….I love the fact that Fred didn't get invited to the Model Y event. His insane level of entitlement probably meant he thought he was going to be flown out on Elon's private jet and stay in the W for free. Fred's whining because he knows no more future Tesla events for him :p

...but until then my numbers are actually better on a percentage basis. If Tesla can't get the math to work, it will fail like any business. (Though I think they will get their margins figured out and be fine).
Next door little girl’s lemonade stand has the best percentage I’v seen, especially considering they have a tree in their yard.
Coca-cola would need a genius CEO to try match that.

I'm a female cat.

No. I’m keeping 420 shares no matter what. The rest I’ll sell in the upper $300’s. Tesla still makes the best car on the market by far. My finance teacher from High School told us to invest in products that you LOVE. And that’s what I do.

My criticism is fair, and quite a few long time bulls on this forum share the same sentiment. It’s great that Tesla is agile, but IMO they aren’t fully thinking things through before implementing ideas.

I'm in 99% agreement with you here, Anthony, but the 1% is doubt that without making sometimes crazy decisions and ridiculously optimistic projections, I'm not is sure Tesla would be where it is today.

I don't know is the real answer, but like others have said recently, WYSISYG, it's all part of the bundle.

I also believe that if all the FUD-writing "news" outlets were to focus only on Tesla achievements instead, the SP would be double where it is today.

You mean like a lemonade stand?

I disagree with plenty of @gringotuanis comments and points of view, but there's no need to be dismissive, demeaning, or rude to people. Please take on the serious content and serious ideas that you don't agree with, seriously, and add to the quality of the board for everybody, rather than going for cheap humor points at somebody's expense.

Any ideas about plans for megachargers?

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I disagree with plenty of @gringotuanis comments and points of view, but there's no need to be dismissive, demeaning, or rude to people. Please take on the serious content and serious ideas that you don't agree with, seriously, and add to the quality of the board for everybody, rather than going for cheap humor points at somebody's expense.

Amen to this!

Adam Jonas sent the MS note to his subscribers at 4:01 am GMT, that’s 12:01 am Eastern Time. I always summarize his notes here as soon as I can, because MS can be stock price moving. There’s time to act in pre-market trading.

View attachment 385764

Rated this helpful, because that’s exactly what I did... saw your post and set buy orders for $285+ and $281+ before I went to sleep last night. Appreciate these posts Mulder!

Fred's position/comments should be outed and posted all over the internet. He's using his influence to force other people to pay more simply because he's butt hurt about paying slightly more than others. Dear lord he reeks of entitlement.

PS. If it's true...….I love the fact that Fred didn't get invited to the Model Y event. His insane level of entitlement probably meant he thought he was going to be flown out on Elon's private jet and stay in the W for free. Fred's whining because he knows no more future Tesla events for him :p

More like, now that he and other Tesla fans are net getting greased with free stuff they report more independently. That is a good thing.

Any ideas about plans for megachargers?

Megacharger could be Supercharger V3 with a semi connector. 1MW/ cabinet = 4 250kW feeds to the semi. At 1.6 kW/ mile = 300 Miles of range in 30 minutes. Claimed rate was 400 miles in 30, so maybe it's a slightly enhanced V3 (or the semi gets even better kW/mile).

On topic thread:
Tesla Semi

"I'm on 5.15 and noticed so much improvement in allowing cars to merge, as well as the auto lane change, it's crazy. Even in heavy traffic it works almost flawlessly. Today I drove on-ramp to off-ramp (~10 miles) without a single disengagement and switching lanes with AP."​

Buckle up. ;)

It sure sounds like 5.15 has a new neural network update. Will be interesting to see reports of improved performance as it is calibrated over the coming days.
I presume it is still not the huge neural nets which are waiting for AP3, but may have an improved training set, new weights and some new path planning/driving policy.

At this point, I would almost guarantee the stock to go down after the Model Y reveal. That is how much respect/disgust I have for the market bears, analysts and shorts ability to effectively spin ANY good news to their whims. It will certainly rebound, but I have no doubt the cellar dwellers will find a way to swing the price down.

Dan
You're probably right but I couldn't pass up the MMD discount today and added some more of the precious.

A business that has never raised capital or financed should not be taken seriously in compassion to one that has done both and built a revenue base in the 10's of billions.

I have had a company that also did millions in sales with no debt or public equity. I would not compare what we did to what a major company has done and claim my experience means I would run the public company better. That would be arogant and deserving of a bit of teasing.