Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. You have no idea

Protip: It's bad enough when you entirely ignore what a person says and just write "You have no idea". But FYI, telling a person who is waiting just to be given the opportunity to buy any version of Model 3 whatsoever that there's no demand is particularly grating.

eFfmdb3.jpg

The Non-Consensus on Twitter

“Wolfe Research out w/ note on $TSLA after meetings w/ Tesla IR - production "smooth" and Tesla is "selling every car they can produce." Would be a big surprise if true; MS just cut their PT on weak demand, and that seems to be the general sentiment across the street”

This sounds in line with what I posted yesterday, that there was a leak to some institutional investors and that Q1 still has a chance of being profitable

I disagree with plenty of @gringotuanis comments and points of view, but there's no need to be dismissive, demeaning, or rude to people. Please take on the serious content and serious ideas that you don't agree with, seriously, and add to the quality of the board for everybody, rather than going for cheap humor points at somebody's expense.
you should learn about Reductio ad absurdum or reduction to absurdity.

Reactions: Krugerrand
A business that has never raised capital or financed should not be taken seriously in compassion to one that has done both and built a revenue base in the 10's of billions.

I have had a company that also did millions in sales with no debt or public equity. I would not compare what we did to what a major company has done and claim my experience means I would run the public company better. That would be arogant and deserving of a bit of teasing.
I resisted jumping of the "bash the blowhard" bandwagon but yeah I think he deserved a little teasing.

Does this mean it is real? :rolleyes:

The Tesla Semi diecast scale model was officially commissioned by Tesla and meticulously overseen by the Tesla Design Team in California. The same 3D CAD data used to manufacture the actual Tesla Semi was used to replicate every detail, curve and surface found in the scale model.

Diecast 1:24 Scale Tesla Semi

Last edited:
Are you suggesting $1,000 a month for every $TSLA short seller?
FIFY
Please refer to SEC Operations Manual paragraph 104, subsection A(amended) The above referenced rule is in place to ensure that compensation for any change in value of the named common stock (TSLA) brought about by action of a regulatory agency, must be disbursed to the aggrieved parties that are not in fact holders of said stock.

A business that has never raised capital or financed should not be taken seriously in compassion to one that has done both and built a revenue base in the 10's of billions.

I have had a company that also did millions in sales with no debt or public equity. I would not compare what we did to what a major company has done and claim my experience means I would run the public company better. That would be arogant and deserving of a bit of teasing.

Great!

One can make that point, in exactly that way, without calling a fellow business owner's business a lemonade stand, thereby equating them with a child instead of an adult that is supporting themselves and their family.

In fact - you've made exactly that point, very well, seriously, and in a way that contributes to the board and doesn't do so by being rude or diminishing people / being mean.

I personally haven't owned a business, even a lemonade stand, that has done anything noticeable in revenue. I respect everybody who has, and especially everybody who's operated their own business that also provided them their exclusive means of support.

You end with an interesting point - there can be a fine line between good natured ribbing / teasing, and diminishing / demeaning somebody. My original post was made because my reaction to the comment was that it wasn't good natured ribbing / teasing - it was mean spirited. What actually caused me to post is that it's those little things that can kind of slide from occasional little things, into frequent big things, that diminish the overall quality of the boards. At least for me.

Repeated enough, the boards descend into Seeking Alpha comment threads, or something equally useless and ugly, and I don't go there anymore. I'd be really disappointed if these forums went that direction. I'm definitely not a mod so I hold no power or voice along those lines and I might even earn myself a time out for speaking out as I have (in which case I've earned it).

The way I see it - the quality of our community isn't solely in the hands of the mods. They've taken on a greater responsibility than the rest of us have, but we're all responsible. We express that responsibility every time we post - what we choose to post, what we don't post, how we say it, what we add to the conversation.

In these cases where the line between something intended to be humourous, and something that can be taken badly - I bias towards not saying anything, or I decorate it with smileys and stuff to make it extra clear that I'm adding some humor.

Last edited:
For folks that believe the SEC exceeded their authority and caused material harm to shareholders, feel free to reach out to Cheryl Crumpton, who initiated the contempt motion against Tesla.

Cheryl Crumpton
Supervisory Trial Attorney
[email protected]
202-551-4459

Lol just left her a voicemail expressing my displeasure. Thank you for this.

SEC suddenly wants to react on Elon's defence

I think the SEC, after reading Elon's powerful response, is now seriously worried about the judge dismissing their motion without even a contempt hearing...

It's funny but also infuriating that the same SEC who sent a demand to Tesla on 10am on a Sunday with a deadline later that day (!), who couldn't wait a single day to file their contempt motion (!!) - which motion removed $1.1b of market cap from Tesla shareholders (!!!) - the same SEC now wants to delay the resolution of this urgent matter another 7 days, when it suits them ...

Their argument:

Docket for United States Securities and Exchange Commission v. Musk, 1:18-cv-08865 - CourtListener.com

"Dear Judge Nathan:

I write on behalf of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission tor respectfully request the Court's permission to file a reply memorandum of no more than 15 pages by no later than March 19, 2019, in order to respond to new factual assertions and legal arguments raised in Defendant Elon Musk's Response to the Court's Order to Show Cause."​

Today's filing was the day the court ordered Elon to "show cause", it was his first chance to defend himself against the SEC's attack. Why is the SEC acting surprised that Elon is presenting facts and defenses??

But while the SEC's request is a bit unusual in the context of expedited contempt proceedings I think, I'd not be surprised to see the judge grant the request, unless Elon's lawyers are opposing it. She might also schedule a hearing.

Last edited:
Repeated enough, the boards descend into Seeking Alpha comment threads, or something equally useless and ugly, and I don't go there anymore.
Brutal and snide dismissal of outlandish statements have been part of this board since the beginning and we've never approached SA levels of comment quality, outside of a few unfortunate times when ridiculously disruptive FUD stirrers were allowed to remain too long.

It's funny that the same SEC who sent a demand to Tesla on 10am on a Sunday with a deadline later that day (!), who couldn't wait a single day to file their contempt motion - which motion removed $1.1b of market cap from Tesla shareholders - the same SEC now wants to delay the resolution of this urgent matter another 7 days, when it suits them ...

Their argument:

Docket for United States Securities and Exchange Commission v. Musk, 1:18-cv-08865 - CourtListener.com

"Dear Judge Nathan:

I write on behalf of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission tor respectfully request the Court's permission to file a reply memorandum of no more than 15 pages by no later than March 19, 2019, in order to respond to new factual assertions and legal arguments raised in Defendant Elon Musk's Response to the Court's Order to Show Cause."​

Today's filing was the day the court ordered Elon to "show cause", it was his first chance to defend himself against the SEC's attack. Why is the SEC acting surprised that Elon is presenting facts and defenses??

I think the SEC is seriously worried about the judge dismissing their motion without even a contempt hearing...

It's all a bit unusual I think, but I'd not be surprised to see the judge grant the request, unless Elon's lawyers are opposing it. She might also schedule a hearing.

Really hoping the judge refuses. SEC is delaying. Elon's team should make the case that they want this cleared up as soon as possible and that she should refute the SEC's request because it makes a very material impact on the companies value/market cap the longer it goes on.

Really hoping the judge refuses. SEC is delaying. Elon's team should make the case that they want this cleared up as soon as possible and that she should refute the SEC's request because it makes a very material impact on the companies value/market cap the longer it goes on.

I wonder if Tesla can file a letter in opposition to the SEC's request. If so, I hope they do.

I disagree with plenty of @gringotuanis comments and points of view, but there's no need to be dismissive, demeaning, or rude to people. Please take on the serious content and serious ideas that you don't agree with, seriously, and add to the quality of the board for everybody, rather than going for cheap humor points at somebody's expense.

In all fairness, their posts on this particular subject have been equally dismissive(in the same way) of Elon.

I'd send an email, but, sadly, I can't come up with anything that could be even remotely construed as polite. So I'm sitting this one out.

(perhaps my avatar helps to illustrate what I think of the SEC...)

Just lead off any rants with, "While I respect your statutory authority to take such action...."

Example:

"While I respect your statutory authority to take such action, you should know that if a natural disaster wipes the SEC headquarters off the map, you won't need to budget for a funeral, as Tesla investors will gladly work together to dig a hole deep enough to hand you all over to Satan in person."

.... Okay, maybe not any rants... ;)

Just lead off any rants with, "While I respect your statutory authority to take such action...."

Example:

"While I respect your statutory authority to take such action, you should know that if a natural disaster wipes the SEC headquarters off the map, you won't need to budget for a funeral, as Tesla investors will gladly work together to dig a hole deep enough to hand you all over to Satan in person."

.... Okay, maybe not any rants... ;)
Ooooo... I think you understand me.

"While you may be aspiring to be Sauron, all you are managing is Saruman: a pale, weak and ultimately pathetic imitation of true evil."