Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gawd no....I read the same article and that stuff scares me. With Deep fake videos and AI writing fud...we are all doomed.

(In all honestly, that stuff creeps me out too. We're lucky that voice-mimicking software like Lyrebird isn't quite up to par yet. It does sound like the person, but like a robotic version of the person. That said, I've seen a DeepFake someone did of Obama where they used sections of the same speech from him, just pieced together differently to have a different meaning, with the Deepfake presenting them as contiguous, and it was totally seamless. Not the slightest clue that something was off.)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MikkoJ
Disagree with @bonnie and @Swampgator

Linette Lopez, Lora Kolodny, Russ Mitchell, Charles Gasparino, Dana Hull...

They are all birds of the same feather. Just varying degrees of lying, dishonesty, unethical and outright despicable behavior. Some of them won't hide their hatred for Tesla and Musk and will openly collaborate with shorts and anyone who want Tesla to die. Linette, Laura and Russ are on that extreme. Zero journalistic ethics. Total scumbags.

Now Dana is more subtle. She will not hesitate to bring out and amplify the negative angle, even in reports that are meant to highlight positive developments. Her twitter messages, almost all of them poke fun or enjoy the predicaments and failures.

Phil LeBeau is the only one who has been just plain factual and no drama. But one time he also gave exposure to the website of parking lot rats. No idea why would he think that would be of any news value for an outfit like CNBC?

Last edited:
DHhpmLCUMAALZlK.jpg:large

Until one day TSLA activates the raptor engines and many people miss on the rally, while others get wiped (naked short sellers).
Nobody's going to ring a bell.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
  • Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
Source, please. At least for Germany, this is total FUD. See estimates for growth on tagesschau.de:
Die aktuellen Konjunkturprognosen für Deutschland All 1%+ growth for 2019.
Adjusted for inflation Germany’s economy shrunk in the last 2 quarters, so yes technically not a recession.
0% growth last quarter, following only 0.2% growth the previous quarter

Germany narrowly avoids recession
It couldn't have been much closer. And it is certainly possible that subsequent revisions to these figures will take the fourth quarter figure below zero and Germany into recession as the term is often defined.

As for the future, I wouldn’t put too much weight on a forecast from a central bank/government - as an example, Australia just downgraded its latest growth forecast an entire percentage point

• Informative
Reactions: hobbes