Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are saying that technically they can naked short but it will likely result in some marriage breakups?

Or at least a charge of lewd and mischievous behavior!

I don't fully understand how the MM's get away with so much historical naked shorting, but my impression is that this split may be structured in such a way that their usual games are too risky for them to undertake during this transition period.

Upper-BB has moved up to $1,633.71 by today's Open:

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-08-13.09-30.png

I expect we'll test that level this morning, completing a remarkable reversal of sentiment on TSLA moving from the Lower-BB to the Upper-BB in just over 1 trading day. :D

Cheers!

OK, $1585, at least they're making an effort!

Given the volume though, not sure they'll be able to defend $1600, then they have the decision as to whether to abandon it and delta-hedge for $1700, which, da dash, puts the price up even more...

I suspect "they" collected some dry powder yesterday but it's unlikely they were able to collect enough to stop what's probably going to happen today. Look at the stock chart art posted earlier this morning for an indication of what that might be!

P.S. "Dry powder" can be actual shares depending upon what battle you're fighting.

Last edited:
Last edited:
No one has mentioned this:
Repossessed Porsche Boxster S - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

This is the same photo that Mark Spiegel used to brag a couple of years ago.

I’m not normally one for schadenfreude, but with this guy I clearly remember him tweeting about going out for dinner with some fellow shorts to celebrate Tesla failing during the dip last year. Eff him.

Imagine celebrating someone else’s failure - what sort of person does that? We should focus on the positives, the world is actually full of great things. I hate the entire concept of shorting — hoping and betting someone trying to build something that they’re excited about will fail.

BTW, for those not following the specific thread - a couple of Belgian brokers have come back to us saying that from the info they have, will be treated as a standard stock split, so no tax implications*

So 99.99% looking OK, I hope this is the same for other jurisdictions.

* they do have a wriggle-out clause that they could change their minds on this if other info becomes available

I’m not normally one for schadenfreude, but with this guy I clearly remember him tweeting about going out for dinner with some fellow shorts to celebrate Tesla failing during the dip last year. Eff him.

Imagine celebrating someone else’s failure - what sort of person does that? We should focus on the positives, the world is actually full of great things. I hate the entire concept of shorting — hoping and betting someone trying to build something that they’re excited about will fail.

Pretty sure this is fake, and that it's someone making fun of him. Honestly, whoever is doing it should be careful... I don't think it was a very good idea. Take a look at the asking price for it:

upload_2020-8-13_7-0-26.png