Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like similar to last week someone(s) purchased some Calls with a strike at $1450 and lower. Like last week it will be interesting if tomorrow, once again, THEY push the SP down and make these worthless.

On the other side tho someone has purchased PUTs at a strike of $1530. Sounds like a type of bet that the SP will remain inside a certain range..... or outside depending on if you are the seller or buyer. The more advance option traders could explain better than me.

View attachment 573153 View attachment 573159

$1455 now - so quite well deducted!

$1455 now - so quite well deducted!

I think what they want to avoid is a repeat of yesterday with that pop late afternoon, so they take the chance to push it down now, heavily amplifying the macro movements. If we were trading at $1485 and then got a blip to $1520, chances are they wouldn't be able to bring it back down, so get it down now and then let it rise later, if that's what they want.

F*****s!

I think what they want to avoid is a repeat of yesterday with that pop late afternoon, so they take the chance to push it down now, heavily amplifying the macro movements. If we were trading at $1485 and then got a blip to $1520, chances are they wouldn't be able to bring it back down, so get it down now and then let it rise later, if that's what they want.

F*****s!

The timing of the first push down aligned with this tweet. It could very well be that this new meeting made someone nervous about an afternoon pop.

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 12.15.55 PM.png

Edit: Meeting has now been pushed to 1:30PM

What are the doldrums? - NOAA's National Ocean Service
Jan 7, 2020 · The "doldrums" is a popular nautical term that refers to the belt around the Earth near the equator where sailing ships sometimes get stuck on windless waters. This NASA satellite image shows the Inter-Tropical Convergence Zone, known to sailors around the world as the doldrums.

Could you explain how it works? (what if sp goes down? etc..)
thx

Thats where the dedication, experience and deep pockets come in. I usually keep increasing my position during the dips. At some point you have to be able to cut your losses though. Have had to a few times but it’s nothing compared to the gains. I think it mostly depends on whether I think the dip has a valid reason. Dips like today with no news and a maxpain of 1485-ish make me increase my position. I guess this answers my first question as it’s mostly experience why i seem to come out on top most of the time. Hard to transfer this conviction to others.

plus500 , like most brokers, has a demo mode so give it a go!

Reactions: ABCTG
When I first read about Tesla providing Powerwalls to third party solar installers, I thought it was a bad idea as far as giving away their competitive advantage.

But over the last week, I've learned this has provided a lot of free advertising for Tesla. An installer in my area has bought radio ads that are played on my local NPR station about once per hour, prominently proclaiming they install Tesla Powerwall. I imagine a lot of people interested in solar will hear these ads and first look into Tesla.

Personally I think it's just show-boating.

Edit: to add, what Bernie's saying is very poorly thought out. You can't tax unrealised gains, it just wouldn't work, full-stop. And besides, plenty of politicians did very nicely with their stonks over the last 6 months, no way they'd pass a bill that would fleece their own pockets.

Last edited: