Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The range has tightened so much this morning that there will likely be a breakout to one side this afternoon. It’s too volatile of a stock to be bound this tight on earnings week. Everyone is waiting for a move though, if it starts to run up it will be piled on but currently it’s at a basic stand still and so it’s not a smart move to place a bet here.

Share holders are in the best position to sit back and enjoy this week, but option players are in a tough boat here.

Nailed it! Congratulations you’re batting 1.000 for the day.

The discussion is about Standard and Poor's asking Tesla to issue more stock to increase liquidity to ameliorate the share price pop that will happen when $40+ Billion of TSLA needs to be bought by the index funds in about a week. According to Rob Maurer, S&P has previously asked companies being added to do that.

The problem with this line of thinking is that S&Ps really doesn't have any leverage over Tesla to get them to something they might not otherwise do. Tesla doesn't need an S&P listing but S&P needs Tesla.

Just to anecdotally add to what Troy is stating here, on a drive through the Bay Area yesterday I saw a number of trucks loaded with Ys driving on the highway, and I saw a lot of Ys driving on the highway. They are selling a ton of these cars.

https://twitter.com/TroyTeslike/status/1285240274034327554

Based on my calculation, Tesla delivered more Model Ys in the US in Q2 2020 than Model 3s despite the $6K higher price at the time. The price difference is $3K since 11 July. In Q3 and Q4, I expect Model Y to exceed Model S, X, and 3 combined.

EdYV_zEWAAAkhHk

New Seeking something article:

Nikola, Rivian, NIO, Fisker - Tesla's Competition Is Arriving

Should not Ford, GM, BM, VW and everyone else already be here?

I'm the kind of person that really dislikes saying "goodbyes" when I'm leaving a gathering because it can turn into an extended and somewhat uncomfortable thing.

But this extended "arrival" of Tesla's competition is making saying "goodbye" seem like a cakewalk! ;)