Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As to the market in general.

For the past month the NASDAQ has been going steadily up and up.
Anyone think its about to go down ?

I agree, the market will probably go down now or in the near future. Because it has to go down now so it can be rising going into elections this fall. Otherwise, we lose any chance of preserving the beautiful leadership of our stable genius. :rolleyes:

The trick is in knowing when it's bottomed. And also whether the top is now or in two weeks or two months. Because I've seen markets that should have gone down months ago continue to go up, defying gravity, ignoring common sense, and thumbing its nose at rational discourse and leaving a trail of devastated shorts in its wake.

But, yeah, it does seem like we are close to a top, either temporary or longer-term. But try to predict it, and the following bottom at your own peril! ;)

Because no sober, rational, intelligent human
In that we agree; your stance as quoted below is moronic

They can choose to go back to work under the protocols listed for their business type or continue to shelter at home until such time as they believe the risk to themselves is tolerable.
If you think I misunderstood your intent, by all means improve the clarity of your writing.

What do you base this on?
It was discussed here multiple times last Fall. It's been well established.

In March, Jason Yang wrote this article:

Tesla Giga 3 Shanghai 2nd Shift Started, Aims 5K Weekly Production in July

"The current phase 1 production capacity of the Tesla Gigafactory Shanghai is 2,000 units per week, with single shifts per day and overtime on Saturdays to extend the length of the single shift without affecting production capacity; with two shifts in March are expected to reach 3,500 vehicles per week; the output in the first half of the year is 50,000 -60,000 units of the China-Made Model 3."
BTW, none of Tesla's factories run 3 shifts. Fremont is 2x10hrs with lunchs, breaks, and maintenance filling a 24 hr day.

There will be no 3rd shift. The 1st shift at GF3 is 10 hrs, M-F plus Sat as a 'Production Make-up' and Training Day.

The 2nd Shift will be another 10-hrs of production/day, so expect it to double GF3 output, but not triple.

Where I do see an increase over guidance is the speed at which the phase 2 / Model Y plant comes into production. At the pace we're witnessing in construction, I think that Q42020 is now possible for 1st production, and that's amazing. It's all about CAPACITY.

Demand in China will be INSATIABLE for many years. Then they'll start Exports... :D

Cheers!

As long as demand is in tact everywhere especially in Western countries then demand in China will be insatiable. Believe it or not but too many Chinese still consider the west as trend setters. They still see what white people do as prestigious and strive to be like them. It's part of "modernization" as Chinese people are not very creative and their herd mentality is strong due to decades of communist rule.

I still remember bringing our family from Beijing (not some small dinky town) some flea market shirt with the word USA on it and this guy literally wore this shirt on TV(he was a small time actor). I was shocked because that shirt was literally bargain bin crap you get 5 for 10 dollars.

• Funny
Reactions: willow_hiller
~ 39% of voters on a poll on Elektrek (already generally with pro-Tesla viewer bias) say Elon's tweet give them a more negative view of Tesla.

Poll: Have Elon Musk's COVID-19 shutdown comments affected your opinion of Tesla? - Electrek

Maybe it's a Machiavellian ploy and not just being a dumb-dumb, but Elon has to be careful not to alienate the already pro-Tesla crowd.

Just what we need, more VCs who think they are more important than they really are having more influence on the safety and health of the Bay Area population :rolleyes:

If you think I misunderstood your intent, by all means improve the clarity of your writing.

453040AB-7DB9-4F63-80E1-FEC0BED294A8.png

It was discussed here multiple times last Fall. It's been well established.

In March, Jason Yang wrote this article:

Tesla Giga 3 Shanghai 2nd Shift Started, Aims 5K Weekly Production in July

"The current phase 1 production capacity of the Tesla Gigafactory Shanghai is 2,000 units per week, with single shifts per day and overtime on Saturdays to extend the length of the single shift without affecting production capacity; with two shifts in March are expected to reach 3,500 vehicles per week; the output in the first half of the year is 50,000 -60,000 units of the China-Made Model 3."
BTW, none of Tesla's factories run 3 shifts. Fremont is 2x10hrs with lunchs, breaks, and maintenance filling a 24 hr day.

This is information from the same source I just quoted, which also includes this paragraph:

Experts also mentioned the phase 1 production capacity of the plant will climb greatly from July. It is expected that a production pressure test will be conducted at the end of June. Now the entire Tesla Shanghai plant is pushing forward from high-level to ordinary employees. Capacity increase is expected to start in July and can reach a capacity of 5,000 vehicles per week, that is, 20,000 vehicles per month. In the first and second half of this year, the combined production capacity is expected to be about 170,000 vehicles. Looking at the whole year next year (2021), if the whole year runs at a production capacity of 5,000 vehicles per week, it can reach a production capacity of nearly 250,000 vehicles per year.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
Reactions: willow_hiller
~ 39% of voters on a poll on Elektrek (already generally with pro-Tesla viewer bias) say Elon's tweet give them a more negative view of Tesla.

Poll: Have Elon Musk's COVID-19 shutdown comments affected your opinion of Tesla? - Electrek

Maybe it's a Machiavellian ploy and not just being a dumb-dumb, but Elon has to be careful not to alienate the already pro-Tesla crowd.

There is not a supermajority of pro Tesla readers on Electrek.

Just read through the comments. It is a favorite of TSLAQ.

And for some weird reasons some people are pro-BEV yet anti Tesla . Like they think Tesla is an elitist brand and cheer every BEV model except Tesla.

I just grabbed another 16 shares. todays price is stupid in relation to the earnings release. I expect to flip them at an easy profit by monday close.

When a stock falls on good news I won't buy it for at least 3 days. It means there's more happening than meets the eye - in Tesla's case probably shorts attacking aggressively.