Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't even have to be a 'lie.' 'We have no plans to' is standard run-of-the-mill corporate speak for 'until we do.' It's a meaningless statement.

That said, I'd be incredibly surprised if we see anything concrete happening between VW and Tesla anytime soon.
We’re going to see some collaboration. Why else would Diess fly to speak with Musk many times? Why would they both be on stage, why not with FCA president instead? They are the dirtiest car company, and Diess is ready to change that. They NEED Tesla. Together they will bankrupt Daimler and BMW. And shorts

OK just a hunch and I don't know what I'm talking about, but:

Shorts/bears seem to be throwing everything they've got at keeping TSLA below $350, and everytime they do, buyers gobble stock up and bid it right back up to $350.

I have a hunch that when their ammo runs out, we're going to make a run for new all-time highs...truck next week may seal that fate. That would mean short action closing their positions would accelerate...and we could be in the $400s within a few weeks.

Your analysis is just as sound as those by Adam Jonas and the other so-called 'professional' analysts. Even more so.

• Disagree
Reactions: BBone and GOVA
MachE-9.png

A worthy competitor to Tesla and no doubt we will be seeing Ford market this in TV commercials and even Nascar races(Ford races the Mustang name plate). Good for the consumer.

Lots of questions, like what will the Dealer training be like? Whats the production goal?

Looks like a very nice EV, good specs and competitive price. I sincerely hope, they are serious about producing this in real volume, not just for compliance markets and numbers. Of course, just like any competitive EV, it is not a threat to Tesla but it is a threat to the Ford ICE vehicles it will take the sales from.
The biggest problem For needs to solve is to somehow force the stealerships to sell this EV instead of hiding it from the customers and talking them out of buying it and directing them to an ICE instead.

Well, they will cook up "required check of electric cables, re-condition battery" and this sort of crap. People will pay $375 per service.
Tire rotate, car wash, protective layers, etc still apply.
Dealers can also offer "better electricity" that many will pay extra for as well.

The stupidity of mob has no limits.

Oh they're definitely already doing that. I remember laughing at this Reddit thread a few weeks ago: 4500 mile maintenance? : KonaEV

Hyundai Kona EV 4,500 mile mandatory service includes:

Tire rotation
Check fluid level (coolant and washer)
Inspect exterior lights
Inspect tire pressure
Inspect and lubricate all latches, hinges and locks
Inspect driveshafts and boots
Inspect steering gear box, linkages and boots/ball joints

I can see that being partly true. Some people love having bad coffee and cookies for a relaxing Sunday brunch.
Old people maybe. Younger folks don't even like driving to pick up carryout.
We’re going to see some collaboration. Why else would Diess fly to speak with Musk many times? Why would they both be on stage, why not with FCA president instead? They are the dirtiest car company, and Diess is ready to change that. They NEED Tesla. Together they will bankrupt Daimler and BMW. And shorts
Seems possible to me. VW saying they won't do that means nothing either way.

Last edited:
Wow, again we cross the dreaded three fiddy.
How many times is this painful crossing to occur.
It surely saps at one's soul. It is as if one was betwixt two worlds.

Will no one rid me of this turbulent crossing ?

Today is a monthly options expiration day. Based on yesterday's open interest, Opricot calculates TSLA MaxPain at $312.50. However, that is pulled low by a an outlier of 80,000 puts at the $50 strike.

A casual survey makes it appear that $350 would be a more reasonable target for any potential manipulators who wrote options expiring today.

I don't recall hearing about this before, is it correct?

A consequence of the California Air Resources Board decision to cap the clean vehicle rebate programme at $60,000 from Dec 3, reported by the
@latimes
, will heavily impact local boy
@tesla
. 40% of Model S/X global H1 2019 deliveries stayed in #California.
BS
H1 2019 - https://www.cncda.org/wp-content/uploads/Cal-Covering-2Q-19.pdf
Tesla Model S - 3390
Tesla Model X - 3690

Q1 S/X - 12100
Q2 S/X - 14517

7080 / 26617 = 26.5%

Looks like a very nice EV, good specs and competitive price. I sincerely hope, they are serious about producing this in real volume, not just for compliance markets and numbers. Of course, just like any competitive EV, it is not a threat to Tesla but it is a threat to the Ford ICE vehicles it will take the sales from.
The biggest problem For needs to solve is to somehow force the stealerships to sell this EV instead of hiding it from the customers and talking them out of buying it and directing them to an ICE instead.

maybe, maybe not. By chance I happened recently to be seated at a bar next to the owner of a Ford dealership, and we got to talking about cars through a mutual acquaintance. Anyway, he was pretty sour towards Tesla (no offense taken .. I’m sure he had no glowing praise ready for GM or Audi or any other competitor) but he was mega-hyped for the “electric Mustang”. Told me about a private event he attended that Ford hosted specifically for dealership owners. He seemed very excited about it. So there’s hope their attitudes might be evolving.

One of the comments on the Electrek article was from someone who works at a Ford dealership. He says that Ford is requiring each dealership to have a Mach E on the showroom floor, but they are supposed to direct people to the website to order it. If anything, I think that gives the salesman the incentive to sell an ICE vehicle in inventory instead. The employee saw this as not only copying the Tesla sales model, but also Ford's way of eventually cutting the dealerships out of the sales picture completely. It will be interesting to watch this for the next few years to see how it works out.
Someone also mentioned that Ford is promising OTA for the Mach E. Will this be the full Tesla-type OTA, or a gutted, limited OTA like the I-Pace? We'll see. I'm sure though that it doesn't include Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, or video games. :cool:

One of the comments on the Electrek article was from someone who works at a Ford dealership. He says that Ford is requiring each dealership to have a Mach E on the showroom floor, but they are supposed to direct people to the website to order it. If anything, I think that gives the salesman the incentive to sell an ICE vehicle in inventory instead. The employee saw this as not only copying the Tesla sales model, but also Ford's way of eventually cutting the dealerships out of the sales picture completely. It will be interesting to watch this for the next few years to see how it works out.
Someone also mentioned that Ford is promising OTA for the Mach E. Will this be the full Tesla-type OTA, or a gutted, limited OTA like the I-Pace? We'll see. I'm sure though that it doesn't include Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, or video games. :cool:

Dealerships are going to be a major obstacle for electrification, even if the automakers themselves are ready to go whole hog.

Problem is, automakers need them to a) showcase the vehicle and b) pitch a charging solution as we're likely to see in Ford's case.

maybe, maybe not. By chance I happened recently to be seated at a bar next to the owner of a Ford dealership, and we got to talking about cars through a mutual acquaintance. Anyway, he was pretty sour towards Tesla (no offense taken .. I’m sure he had no glowing praise ready for GM or Audi or any other competitor) but he was mega-hyped for the “electric Mustang”. Told me about a private event he attended that Ford hosted specifically for dealership owners. He seemed very excited about it. So there’s hope their attitudes might be evolving.
The dealers that are going to LOVE this car are the Norwegian Ford dealers. They haven't really had any competitive car in Norway the last 5 years. Ford used to be competing among the top 3 brands for car sales in Norway together with VW and Toyota. That's 10-20 years ago and the long period without the new Mondeo really killed their momentum as the EVs grew in Norway. Their weak hybrids is not handled nicely by the Norwegian cartax regime and the Focus EV is a lot less usefull than a cheaper Leaf with the trunk full of batteries. This year Ford is down to 11th place in year-to-date sale rankings. Their sales are about 20% of Teslas sales this year.
While the e-Mach is a CUV similar to the RAV4, Toyotas bestselling model in Norway though with a bit more sporty image like Ford always has had in Norway. I wouldn't be suprised if they sold 5000 of the e-Mach when they arrive here, and total Ford sales in Norway now is about 3100 cars. So a massive increase.