Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kinda agree with this. It was a really good presentation. It fundamentally shows a healthy culture of innovation at Tesla where no one is working harder than them on this problem. I also am not sure L5 is a solution that frankly anyone will be able to get to within 5 years.

However I do think what they have is valuable enough and will continue to get better and better leaps and bounds beyond what anyone else has.
I guess I am with you on this. I think this presentation confirmed my hypothesis that they are ahead of everyone else. They will get there first.

But I don't see how they get there in two years.

In other words, waymo is worthless.

Or just double the time period, to Q3 2021.

If the time estimate is for solving the edge cases, that's very very hard to estimate. I am not sure how to interpret this

6+ months is just the minimum with general matters. Something like this may require double the time as you say given Elon’s comments about FSD starting from few years back.

Interpretation: don’t expect your TSLA investment to appreciate any time soon.

And 10,000 per week production of S/X/3 master plan in 2019? Give me a break. At least he acknowledged his timing is always to plan.

Elon's making *sugar* up here! Remove pedals, steering, ooooooooh, 2023, 2024 definitely...
Even this guy had a steering wheel.

JohnnyCab-Total-Recall.jpg

Elon's making *sugar* up here! Remove pedals, steering, ooooooooh, 2023, 2024 definitely...
I hate it when he looks up toward the ceiling and then starts projecting timelines. As soon as he looks up, there should be a staff person assigned to beep out what he says so it's inaudible. Those timelines are virtually always aspirational.