Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That individual said the all in price will be over 80k, "all-in". If they have any real info, hopefully that includes FSD.

Some of the postulation is the Sandy will be getting a CT for tear down.
It's not Sandy, they added this:

It’s a different way to deliver a new product for Tesla. Simultaneously across a few diff geographies.

That individual said the all in price will be over 80k, "all-in". If they have any real info, hopefully that includes FSD.

Some of the postulation is the Sandy will be getting a CT for tear down.
Let's say 85k. A quad motor R1T with 328 miles of range goes for 87-92k depending on what you consider as comparable options to the CT.

If that comes with 400 miles of range that will destroy the R1T value proposition. Even if it just matches their price that's huge as we can assume it comes with average to better than average Tesla margins.

Reactions: capster
My theory is that this is Marques:

5% chance that Elon livestreams drive to Zuck's house in next 2 days in the Cybertruck running V12 alpha.
5% chance it's Marques if that is what he tweeted. Almost seems like he wants the most engagement with a good title because it's a good tech story that he thinks is under-represented. Cybertruck is like the opposite of that.

Well if you're inferring that since FSD at that point would be hand-free and non-beta then it infers that :

- All functionality is implemented and active in FSD
- Edge cases for FSD have been near eliminated
- False positives such as phantom breaking, lane drift, etc...are all things from the past

I don't think FSD goes hands free until and is officially out of beta until functionality is complete and Tesla is well into the march of 9's.

As for stock price, I think you're looking at 3 re-rating events that will happen and it's possible all three happen with a 12 month span.

Re-rate 1 - FSD moves out of beta, is hands free which infers disengagements are incredibly low since Tesla is confident enough to take on liability. Tesla's FSD approach is thus confirmed as viable and likely market leading thanks to their approach (rate of expansion and cost of expansion verses competitors)

Re-rate 2 - Other auto makers begin licensing FSD which takes Tesla's autonomy vision from market leading to mass adopted

Re-rate 3 - FSD SAAS flowing into earnings

It's entirely possible that Re-Rate 2 and 3 happen close to the same time or they may be spread apart. Re-rate 3 could actually happen before re-rate 2.

But overall, I could easily see each Re-Rate adding 500 million onto Tesla's market cap with the biggie, Re-Rate #3, leading to a trillion dollar addition to Tesla's current market cap.
I pretty much agree with all that you said except I wasn't inferring that Tesla is ready to take on liability. It would be hands-free but you still have to keep your eyes on the road and be ready to take over. At that point, I don't think Tesla's liability risk is much different from Blue Cruise hands-free driving.

My bigger point in asking this question is that hands-free and non-beta seems extremely possible in the next 12 months. It's not robotaxi-ready, but it's a huge step toward getting there that the market won't ignore.

Because as you said, this would put us squarely into OEM licensing territory.

I pretty much agree with all that you said except I wasn't inferring that Tesla is ready to take on liability. It would be hands-free but you still have to keep your eyes on the road and be ready to take over. At that point, I don't think Tesla's liability risk is much different from Blue Cruise hands-free driving.

My bigger point in asking this question is that hands-free and non-beta seems extremely possible in the next 12 months. It's not robotaxi-ready, but it's a huge step toward getting there that the market won't ignore.

Because as you said, this would put us squarely into OEM licensing territory.
I would say to me at least, for Tesla to say FSD is not beta anymore, it means they're willing to take on liability. At least to some extent.

Reactions: Drumheller
Let's say 85k. A quad motor R1T with 328 miles of range goes for 87-92k depending on what you consider as comparable options to the CT.

If that comes with 400 miles of range that will destroy the R1T value proposition. Even if it just matches their price that's huge as we can assume it comes with average to better than average Tesla margins.
We will have to see. The rumor is that the top range will be 350 miles at launch, but rumors are just that. I'm not believing anything until it's confirmed, same with that pricing.

Nvidia earnings is this afternoon 15mins after 4pm. Most believes this earning would either crash the QQQ or continue the gravy train (Macro TA is predicting a higher chance of a crash). Option dictates that a 9% movement is expected. Lets all pray it's a good one.
Hilarious that that the entire market is dependent on a single stock that is priced for perfection already, is rallying today yet again....and is only 2% from it's ATH (set just a week ago)

Whoever has any short term bets on a market dependent on Nvidia is the most psychotic person I would every know

It could just be an Elon semantics thing, where it's no longer a Beta program (early access), but still labeled with "Beta" like most Tesla stuff still is.
Eh, Elon's clarification was actually pretty clear and clean cut to me. He wasn't talking about early access beta users. He was talking about exiting beta completely.

Press release from Texas Public Utilities Commission. First VPPs (or Aggregate Distributed Energy Resources - ADERs) are online on the Texas grid (ERCOT) made up of Tesla Powerwalls.

IMG_1401.jpeg

Hilarious that that the entire market is dependent on a single stock that is priced for perfection already, is rallying today yet again....and is only 2% from it's ATH (set just a week ago)

Whoever has any short term bets on a market dependent on Nvidia is the most psychotic person I would every know
Any company that has "AI" associated with them got a pretty substantial boost after Nvidia's last blowout earnings. Tesla did the same for any company(and even raw materials) associated with EVs the last few years.

Stock market functions in mysterious ways that we will never understand :)

Well for the next 10 mins, you can watch practically any ticker out there and know exactly how well Nvidia's earnings are lol
Part of me wants NVDA to do well since i have some exposure in ETF's and it'll benefit $TSLA indirectly.
Part of me wants it to tank so i can buy more $TSLA since they are both AI companies right? right? (I forgot $TSLA is only considered an AI company when other AI companies disappoint) 🥴 🥴

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger