Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the mid day fight will be to shove it below $245 to protect all those $250 calls from hitting.

View attachment 945369

View attachment 945370
Yes but 250 volume just keeps coming...

Earlier today....

1686327542844.png

Just now...
1686327413653.png

I bet it hit's 1/2M by end of day.

Attachments

• 1686327436876.png
    1686327436876.png
    100 KB · Views: 32
Can't say i am surprised that this got posted today:

One of our favorite 🤡 🤡 🤡 Craig Irwin

I try to like Gary Black because he's usually supportive of Tesla, but I find every time that he just becomes another Wall St talking head who speaks as if he knows the cause for every rise and fall in the stock, but really doesn't. Easy when there's no way to prove anything one way or another.

He's too wishy-washy for me. I like my bulls strong, with steel balls, who flinch at nothing.
I think Gary is awesome and I appreciate his perspective.
One thing, very off topic, he looks really bad since the share price down turn. Looks like he's aged ten years over the last one.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Craig Irwin often looks like he had a good cry just before being interviewed? 😭

On the other hand this makes it less likely that customers will buy a Tesla in the first place and more likely they'll buy from competitors.
Narrowly between EVs, I can see that argument. But EVs are less than 10% of US car sales. The accelerated expansion of charging due to NACS standard will take yet more from ICE. On balance a net win from Tesla.
The real Trojan horse in NACS however is home and destination, since that’s the overwhelming majority charging and has been bogged down by j1772. once Tesla implements destination ‘plug and charge’ with billing it will expand beyond belief. Most investors haven’t wrapped their head around this yet. less permitting, digging and no land requirement or utility reconnect negotiations. it’s just a system’s problem=Teslas forte.
I hope that HyunKia is next. It would be a really good sign. HyunKia's approach to 400V charging with its new vehicles is to the use the vehicle's inverter so they should easily be able to use V3, and then should benefit from 800V in V4.
since they have CCS1 in South Korea and the executives have experienced first hand how terrible it is, they might be motivated by that. you have to see it to believe it.

Ford and GM EV owners will only be able to use about a quarter of the Supercharger stalls worldwide and half in North America, and those owners are a drop in the bucket compared to Tesla car owners. Meanwhile, Tesla keeps expanding the Supercharger network. Unfortunately, many non-EV owners are still not aware that the lion's share of the charging is done in a home garage. A little advertising may be helpful in that regard.

EDIT: Clarified worldwide and North America following comments from others.

Last edited:
I've been following the discussion on NACS on Rivian forums for a while, because I honestly would love to have one in my garage, but man, quite a few there that bought it just because it isn't a Tesla and don't want to have anything to do with Tesla making the most stupid arguments you can imagine and pushing it on others

"What if Elon blocks Rivian from using it?"

It was the same when Ford announced

Can't wait for Rivian to announce they will be switching also for them to have a complete breakdown lol

Ford and GM EV owners will only be able to use about a quarter of the Supercharger stalls, and those owners are a drop in the bucket compared to Tesla car owners. Meanwhile, Tesla keeps expanding the Supercharger network. Unfortunately, many non-EV owners are still not aware that the lion's share of the charging is done in a home garage. A little advertising may be helpful in that regard.
Yes, but our favorite 🤡 Irwin 'conveniently' forgot to mention that :)

Yes but 250 volume just keeps coming...

Earlier today....

View attachment 945375
Just now...
View attachment 945371

I bet it hit's 1/2M by end of day.
Wouldn't be surprised if MM's walk it down with the intent of getting those at 250+ to close out their calls and then let off the spoofing then. Also, the stock is close to filling the gap up this morning at this point so it would actually be better if it dropped to like 240 to close the gap and then recovered.

Morning FUD. Pretty pitiful attempt.
The Rivian R1S production vehicle that I bought had an untuned suspension that caused stuttering on the freeway. It got resolved within 4 months via a software update, but that was pretty bad.

That a Tesla alpha prototype has issues is like saying the sun rises in the east. Wake me when the reviews of an actual production Cybertruck comes out.

Ford and GM EV owners will only be able to use about a quarter of the Supercharger stalls
Actually, it is more than half of the current Supercharger network in North America. And by the end of 2024 it will likely be about three-quarters of the network.

They are getting access to more than 12k of the ~23k current chargers. (Most likely all of the V3s.) Tesla has said they plan to double the network by the end of 2024, so they will likely have access to ~34k of the ~46k charger. (Assuming Tesla keeps the V2s; they may upgrade, or retire, them.)

The Rivian R1S production vehicle that I bought had an untuned suspension that caused stuttering on the freeway. It got resolved within 4 months via a software update, but that was pretty bad.

That a Tesla alpha prototype has issues is like saying the sun rises in the east. Wake me when the reviews of an actual production Cybertruck comes out.

No way, a test mule had pre-production issues that had to be sorted out? That's not how alpha or beta testing is supposed to work. Supposed to be a GM release immediatley.

Ford and GM EV owners will only be able to use about a quarter of the Supercharger stalls, and those owners are a drop in the bucket compared to Tesla car owners. Meanwhile, Tesla keeps expanding the Supercharger network. Unfortunately, many non-EV owners are still not aware that the lion's share of the charging is done in a home garage. A little advertising may be helpful in that regard.

Where do you get a quarter of total stalls from? The announcements said V3 supercharger stations, which by number in North America is probably pushing 75% now given the roll-out pace.

Reactions: cusetownusa