Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Additionally, who’s to say what *the* agreement is between Tesla and Brembo regarding the resultant tech!? Tesla isn’t want to keep ‘everything’ to themselves but sometimes they do.
Perhaps the interesting feature of brake by wire is how it benefits from a 48v system where the higher voltage may reduce the weight of certain components and perhaps improve handling both through smart braking and reduced unsprung weight. Of course with benefit of reduced maintenance and improved reliability.

Supposedly, there is a "Chinese Wall" between the investment side of the bank and its other departments. As we've seen, there is little oversight into what the Banksters actually do in practise. But in theory, the shares held by their brokerage should be separate from their retail banking deposits.
One pretty decent description of the differences is in a consumer-focused US Bank:

I do recall some discussion here years ago of Tesla working with a tire manufacturer to develop an EV-optimized rubber compound as well.. I can't find anything on it at the moment, but suspect some announcements such as these may be the result...
Yes, true. Model S Plaid and Porsche Taycan came with Pirelli P Zero custom designed for high performance BEV. Since then all major tire makers are doing analogous efforts.

More recently Goodyear has developed production-ready airlessntiresmintended tomsupport autonomous, BEV and other cars. Those also are allegedly planned for Tesla deployment but I can find no confirmation about that one.

The BEV high performance tires are all structured to deal with high weight high performance situations. A close look and OEM Plaid or Taycan tires shows how different they appear to be.
They look alike but do have different codes.

Just revealed. Dev demo in about 2 hours:

On topic because any significant AI improvement could help Tesla solve FSD (also, Elon doesn't like how OpenAI is doing this and has been said to consider competing with them for various reasons).
Pretty amazing IMO. I want FSD to get better this quickly!

R.I.P Lucid, this should be the nail in the coffin:

1678827630279.png

Since we’re talking about Eee Vees, I think worth mentioning specifically that Tesla is the only auto company which builds their entire drivetrain. Battery, Motors, Transmission, etc etc.

…..
BYD makes their own cells, packs, inverters, and motors. So Tesla is not alone in this world. However I am not 100% sure about the motors.

GSP

I know there are some questions about demand and Q1 numbers, but 575 Teslas delivered in Norway today is just 9 short of the all-time record...

Update - some more cars got registered since I posted, today is now the mostest Teslas delivered in a day, every in NO

1678828855639.png

I have no interest in projecting delivery figures anymore. I am on a higher spiritual plane (40,000 ft up on my way to Hawaii?). However second guessing Troy - that's a different matter.

His peak for the month was 438k I think. I guarantee he will end up halfway between the two. 438 and 409 = 429k.
Note those numbers are a week old now, although the decline in his Q1 estimate from Feb 28 to Mar 7th was a reduction in the output from Giga Texas.

I think we have 88k China deliveries so far in Q1 with more or less three weeks to go and 17k in the latest week, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to think China deliveries could exceed that 127k.

I have no interest in projecting delivery figures anymore. I am on a higher spiritual plane (40,000 ft up on my way to Hawaii?). However second guessing Troy - that's a different matter.

His peak for the month was 438k I think. I guarantee he will end up halfway between the two. 438 and 409 = 429k.
But 429k is not really 1/2 way between the 2 now is it? :)