Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TYT apparently did not read Tesla's "In Response to False Allegations" before jumping to conclusions.
They also did not explain why Elon objects to the term "recall" for over-the-air software updates.
Even their headline contains an untruth.
Yet in the comment section for this video, their loyal viewers are screaming about evil Elon Musk.

Last edited:
TYT apparently did not read Tesla's "In Response to False Allegations" before jumping to conclusions.
They also did not explain why Elon objects to the term "recall" for over-the-air software updates.
Yet in the comment section for this video, their loyal viewers are screaming about evil Elon Musk.

Tesla's In Reponse to False Allegations

Lithium miner Sigma jumps on report Tesla considering buyout | Reuters

Sigma is finishing construction of a hard rock lithium mine in Brazil that it expects to open by April. The mine will produce spodumene concentrate, which can be used to make lithium hydroxide, a type of the metal preferred by some automakers... The project would use hydroelectric power, thus helping to greatly reduce its carbon footprint.

Sigma Lithium Corporation Common Shares (SGML) Real-Time Quotes | Nasdaq

SGML.2023-02-17.16-59.Hi.Tesla-takeoverRumor.png

If this is a typical levered ETF, they have a daily reset process which means that you won’t get the point-to-point experience of just buying TSLA, unless it goes up every single day (no downside volatility).
IMO, these are short term trading vehicles, not buy and hold.

So this just means that the ETF goes up or down more on a percentage basis than the stock, daily. But in the long run, the ETF should go in the same direction as the stock, but in a more leveraged manner. So if the stock goes up long run, then the ETF should also go up more long run. Is the downside just the daily volatility?

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
so those interested in TSLL, it is not a bad product although it is likely to underperform severely in a bear market and underperform in sideways market.
it is a reasonably 150% leveraged product with advantages similar to TQQQ except TQQQ is 3X qqq whereas TSLL 1.5X TSLA on a daily basis
due to daily reset over long periods of time actual performance may diverge from TSLA significantly
as for me, i prefer straight margin
now in straight margin, if wrong i can lose it all and even go negative and deal with margin calls etc
TSLL do not have to worry about margin call
currently 176% margined on TSLA- very risky if it goes against me
did successfully increase my TSLA position yesterday and earlier today just before TSLA took off, so i got super lucky
made very short term trades, maybe lasting 10 minutes tops so i did not risk losing my TSLA position overall and by sheer chance i was able to increase my share count. whew! dodged a bullet
in my opinion, most individuals should stay away from margin and call options- too easy to lose it all
have been trading TSLA on margin since January 2014 and man, what a ride it has been
no need to go into details of my travails and misadventures as a leveraged trader- why tempt fate
all is well that ends well
none of this is any kind of promotion or any kind of investment advice, just my personal opinion as an individual trader/investor
(someday, once i hit the big B, might decide to write a book, not for money or fame but just to document the extreme thrill ride : otherwise RIP)

Last edited:

If you follow Alex, then you know this must be a big deal!

Screenshot_20230217_195637_Twitter.jpg

Used to listen to them. Ironically they were the ones who introduced me to Musk back in the days by praising him for have succeeded in creating so many companies like Paypal, Tesla, and SpaceX. Very pro Elon, until now. I am not even sure what happened but Futurism on FB pushes anti-Musk crap all day. Same with the Verge, Gizmodo, and even popular mechanics. Lots of tech sites online became trashy tabloids by crapping on Elon's every tweet of no important relevance.

Used to listen to them. Ironically they were the ones who introduced me to Musk back in the days by praising him for have succeeded in creating so many companies like Paypal, Tesla, and SpaceX. Very pro Elon, until now. I am not even sure what happened but Futurism on FB pushes anti-Musk crap all day. Same with the Verge, Gizmodo, and even popular mechanics. Lots of tech sites online became trashy tabloids by crapping on Elon's every tweet of no important relevance.

TYT turned very anti Elon when he became a multi-billionaire, because the people who work for TYT believe all billionaires are inherently "evil". TYT is also extremely ill-informed on most things Elon related. I don't know if their bias clouds their judgement or if they just don't research things they don't like, but most of their Elon segments over the past two years have been filled with inaccurate info.

I used to like TYT but they've changed over the past few years, now I find it difficult to listen to them anymore.

What happened, I think, is that Elon started taking right wing (in American political term) positions.

This is a pump and dump scam from some stock promoter hired by sgml or a shareholder. Same thing with gigametals a few years ago. These Canadian stocks are run by snake oil salesmen. The Canadian securities laws are a joke.
Very likely but you state this as if you know this to be 100% true (It being a pump and dump). How?

Intraday high?? Yesterday, 4:03 AM - it hit $217.82... But wasn't it over $400 a year ago??

TSLA closed at $292.12 (split-adjusted / 3) a year ago: (Feb 17, 2022)

TSLA.2022-02-17.16-00.png

What am I missing??

Data? ;) But u kno what's even more interesting? Tesla made $81B in Revenue for the TTM. Trade that!

Cheers!

So this just means that the ETF goes up or down more on a percentage basis than the stock, daily. But in the long run, the ETF should go in the same direction as the stock, but in a more leveraged manner. So if the stock goes up long run, then the ETF should also go up more long run. Is the downside just the daily volatility?
The main potential downside I can see to holding TSLL long term vs. TSLA is that at some point TSLA may pay juicy dividends and TSLL will not. As you can see from this graph, it has been a good year for TSLL(and TSLA) thus far. 1.72x performance ytd.
Screenshot_20230217-222212.png

Last edited:
My underderstanding of TSLL is that the downside (even if TSLA is up every day) is that it doesn't account for what happens overnight. You don't get the overnight gap-ups.

These types of products are not intended to be held overnight. They give access to options-like returns for daytrading in accounts that are restricted from trading options, but are able to buy and sell equities.

For example, Horizons ETFs offers a whole boatload of such products, such as these: (NOT Advice!)