Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it is expected it will be adding lower priced SKUs like the Austin Model Y AWD SR (which so far is in very limited availability in the US and not available on the website)
Almost certainly.

I just think we'll see both new lower end SKUs and lower prices overall. The IRA manufacturing incentives and increased scale should help offset the margin hit.

While this is bad for margins... it's even worse news for competitors.

Aside from aesthetics, there is no reason the Model 3 or the Model Y should look so much like a traditional ICE vehicle. Take away the requirement to look like a “normal” car, and whatever Tesla released as a 4 person people mover would have looked significantly different from what the Model 3 is.

Obviously the X took things a notch worse. I think the Cybertruck is the result of the manufacturing frustrations the Model X and the Model 3 brought to the table. Musk was frustrated with the constraints of traditional auto design and tossed it all in the bin and designed the CT to ensure easier manufacturing. I strongly suspect Robotaxi/ Model Next will be of a similar radical nature designed to reduce COGS and scale quickly while providing all of the essentials a car needs to deliver… but without the constraints of a traditional form.
A RoboTaxi is unlikely to be travelling long distances on highways at high speed.

So cargo/passenger capacity in a compact footprint is more important than aero.

When vechicles are designed to fit their function they should look different.

The European version of the Semi will also be interesting. It has to fit into a more compact footprint similar to the current cab-over design. Tesla can try to minimise drag, but the EU version is going to have more drag. Travel distances can be shorter in the EU, I think Tesla just accepts a range penalty, but it is an interesting design challenge.

cry2.JPG

cry.JPG

Probably stupid question: Elon isn't breaking any SEC rules right now, is he?
Was thinking the same. Someone smarter than me please comment.

Is after hours and in public, but is this supposed to be a quiet period? Earning still about a month away.

Does him going on record about NOT selling require some sort of SEC form to be filed first.

Ugh, can this please work out well for the SP tomorrow? Would be the first time for a year or so.