Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This price is clearly insane. Market must be in total fear mode. Unless people think a meteor is about to hit, why on earth would they sell at this price? Surely this is short sellers and market makers trying to force a lot of retail investors on margin out of the game altogether?
Absolutely incredible. Will have a good think over the Christmas break, but very tempted to sell 50% of every other stock I own, regardless of price, to buy more TSLA.
At these prices its just insane.
This cannot be rational investors selling
Rational LONG TERM investors that would be.

Multiple hit pieces on demand and discounts. Everyone believes it, or they trade on what they believe others believe.

I think a delivery number over 400K would yield at least a short term rally, possibly face ripping, as the shorts are legion at this point. Tesla should already be there with that number, but no one believes anything at this point.

According to this the global installed grid battery capacity stands at 16GWh, in 2021.

I must be shell shocked from the stock price today, this can’t be right or is it? If that 16GWh is right than the facility in Lathrop is going to more than double that in a year.

5790B07F-3B1A-4A91-BA7A-6E83C28CB896.jpeg

This price is clearly insane. Market must be in total fear mode. Unless people think a meteor is about to hit, why on earth would they sell at this price? Surely this is short sellers and market makers trying to force a lot of retail investors on margin out of the game altogether?
Absolutely incredible. Will have a good think over the Christmas break, but very tempted to sell 50% of every other stock I own, regardless of price, to buy more TSLA.
At these prices its just insane.
This cannot be rational investors selling
I agree. I'm now underwater having got in November '20.

It's an easy ride now: there's no way I'm selling as it'd be at a loss in a company that's smashing it, so I'm just sitting tight waiting for what I judge to be the bottom. There's a good chance to get in there and make some rapid big gains.

I feel sorry for anyone on margin etc, and I'd be screwed myself if I needed to cash in in the near future, but it is what it is. Le Mans, Le Mans-ade or something.

Well Tesla energy had been losing market share in the utility side at a very fast rate. So it is not so much that it is coming as Tesla needs to get it back. 2023 will be interesting. @Gigapress is right in that the market needs dwarf the current small plant. Tesla could not meet orders so others did.

Market share is only significant if the market in question is a fixed size (slice of a pie).
Otherwise, the important metric is how much pie you make.

SmartSelect_20221222_113059_Sheets.jpg

ChatGPT. It's Rational Caution:

"The opposite of irrational exuberance is rational caution or skepticism. Irrational exuberance refers to an excessive and unjustified optimism or enthusiasm about something, often driven by emotions rather than by reason or evidence. Rational caution or skepticism, on the other hand, is characterized by a measured and reasoned approach to evaluating and interpreting information, rather than being swayed by emotional or overly optimistic thinking. This approach involves considering all available evidence and considering the potential risks and uncertainties before making a decision or taking action."

Looks like we're all just irrational exuberance in sheep's clothing!*

That thing is going to launch nukes one day when it becomes self aware. 👀

Looks like you're safe. For now.

* Funny one liner generated by ChatGPT in response to the explanation being given to Tesla investors.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
On a positive note; the lower we go, the closer we are to the bottom. I’m actually grateful that we came straight down instead of slowly bouncing around to this price.

A Fibonacci retracement from $405 would take us to $153.9. Since market technicals seem to be the only thing that matters, I thought I’d remind everyone. It’s darkest right before the light!

From Wikipedia:
“A Fibonacci retracement forecast is created by taking two extreme points on a chart and dividing the vertical distance by Fibonacci ratios. 0% is considered to be the start of the retracement, while 100% is a complete reversal to the original price before the move. Horizontal lines are drawn in the chart for these price levels to provide support and resistancelevels. Common levels are 23.6%, 38.2%, 50%, and 61.8%.”

According to this the global installed grid battery capacity stands at 16GWh, in 2021.

I must be shell shocked from the stock price today, this can’t be right or is it? If that 16GWh is right than the facility in Lathrop is going to more than double that in a year.

View attachment 887912
I was looking at that same chart yesterday. Note that it's measuring by GW (power) not GWh (energy capacity). The conversion between the two depends on the average C-rate the storage batteries are rated for. For example if they take 3 hours to fully discharge at max power then every GW of max power would convert to 3 GWh of capacity.

I don't know the exact number but I found various sources yesterday saying global stationary storage deployment in 2021 was approximately 25 GWh. Lathrop at 40 GWh would put Tesla straight to the top in terms of GWh/year, roughly equal to everyone else combined.