Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Um, investors in a private company can “want” to exit all they want, but it matters zero to the company. CZ can sell his entire Twitter stake for $1 to anyone (me, I’ll take it!), and it makes no difference to the company or even to other shareholders.
Good point! I guess I had thought that EM was the sole owner of all the stock and other investors had only the right to sell to EM or kind of debt related investment …

If I were Elon, given the commentary here and elsewhere over the last weeks and months from folks of whom I would have expected better, I would just say "Bite me humans" and head back to my home planet.

Seriously, look at all that Elon has done across decades to create actual products that help solve dire problems. And folks whine and complain with scarce a scrap of perspective much less—dare I say?—gratitude.

Worse some of you lionize folks like “Uncle Leo" and other speculators (yes, I include you options traders) who somehow equate speculation as being supportive like shareholding when the opposite is true, who bawl for a buyout to bail them out of their bad trades, and, worse, who think buying shares is giving money to Elon—when in fact it is Elon, Tesla employees, and their customers who have created that wealth in building a great company.

I, for one, thank Elon and all the employees and customers of all his companies, even the recently acquired one. Please keep up the good work.

I wish all here Happy Holidays. I also encourage some of you here take good look at some of your recent posts as well as a hard look in the mirror and consider whether you might learn something from the spirit of the season.
Post of merit

Should be sticky, especially the first sentence.

Love.

FUN FACT: fat fingers are responsible for nearly half of all volume for Tiziana Life Science PCL

View attachment 885368

... and 0.82 r^2 correlation with TSLA trading. /s

Cheers!
Too funny! At a market cap of currently $58M, it doesn’t take many mistakes to just yank that stock price around. I’ll bet the poor beleaguered shareholders of that stock are praying for a Tesla stock rebound!

Now imagine being able to drive the length pan American highway in a Tesla?

Boring can set up something to cross the Darien gap.
That would be awesome!
I'd settle right now for expanding the Supercharger network across Mexico, rather than in just certain places. I'd like to see coverage equal to coverage in the US.

I’m going to discuss my favorite bogeyman and have you tell me in what way it differs from what you wrote:

“Trevor Milton didn’t sell Nikola shares because he knew his fraudulent house of cards was going to be tumbling. He sold because he needed cash for that mega ranch in Heber City.”
The explanation I suggested would apply to a tepid quarter based on expectations only. A slight miss, but still a record quarter.

Sales like EM just made cannot be explained away in the face of a bad quarterly miss.

My track record is not very good.

But TSLAs relative overperformance today compared to the broader market is telling me one thing: TSLA has begun its epic 2022 12 billion buyback.

This is great. Congrats to me. I celebrate

B445DA52-28C8-496B-A5AA-7175F2346252.gif

Last edited:
It’s very interesting just how quickly some turned on EM.

Almost like a mass formation psychosis and it’s definitely been seen before with another famous billionaire.

You appear to be equating "well-intentioned criticism" with "turning," as if the former is some sort of traitorous behavior when it is the exact opposite.

Almost like a mass formation psychosis and it’s definitely been seen before with another famous billionaire.

When I read some of the posts from those you describe a post from some days ago rings true. It described a behavior where a sub-set of people will always look first for someone else to blame for the misfortune their own choices dictated for them.

You appear to be equating "well-intentioned criticism" with "turning," as if the former is some sort of traitorous behavior when it is the exact opposite.
Sorry (Not sorry) but I don’t see calls for Elon to be Deported, Arrested, Holdings confiscated, Involuntarily committed, or strapped to one of his rockets before launch (yes, really) as “well-intentioned criticism”.

It’s ugly and severely disturbing behavior from folks who feel he’s an ideological apostate now.

Yes this was brought up but it’s not obvious what he means here. Some people think a future-profitable T** could buy TSLA as an investment 🤷‍♂️. My guess is the goal might be to abate the perpetuation of unsubstantiated FUD somehow. Maybe he doesn’t even know right now. I at least appreciate the sentiment.

Just adding a "Hail a Ride" button to the Twitter app avoiding the 30% "Apple Tax" is worth $300B a year... ;)

Cheers!

I'm not sure I understand how a buyback helps this stock. Tech stocks, especially growth stocks, do not participate in a buyback. That signals to WS that they have to better place to park those assets. Tesla should be building new factories and expanding their battery capabilities ... as well as pouring money into R&D ... NOT buying back stock.

I don't see a buyback happening anytime soon ... nor do I want one. JMHO.

I do, however, want the narrative to shift back to what this incredible company has achieved and how far it has to go.

Sorry (Not sorry) but I don’t see calls for Elon to be Deported, Arrested, Holdings confiscated, Involuntarily committed, or strapped to one of his rockets before launch (yes, really) as “well-intentioned criticism”.

It’s ugly and severely disturbing behavior from folks who feel he’s an ideological apostate now.

On that point, we agree.

It's as if different people hold different values and Elon's crossing the line triggers a harsh response. But sure, go ahead, generalize and call us names as you see fit.
For me I don't care about what he does with his money or what he says on the bird app, but loyalty I hold in very high regard and lately I've seen TSLA holders paying for his ill-advised acquisition which he himself tried to get out of.

Well at least now we know for sure that anytime Elon talks up the stock’s value or talks about the dangers of margin he is warning us.

Not long ago he released some bottled scent called Burnt hair. I think it said "singed" on the bottom of the bottle. Unfortunately, I was oblivious to this obvious warning.

It looks like he was warning us our hairs were about to burn. /s