Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you put yourself in the shoes of a Tesla competitor watching this.... I suspect pretty depressing. It was a brilliant stroke to let many members present. Sends a signal of the incredible depth of talent.
Prospective engineers can say "I want to work with THAT guy” on their resumes.

How....you.....what? You don't see the potential??!?!

I see the potential, I just don't see it solving that many problems.

Like solar can produce electricity without combusting a fuel. An EV can drive on electricity.

Obviously there's the problem of me not having enough money. Overjoyed that's being addressed, but I can already drive, mow my lawn, clean my bathroom. I assume I could effectively work in a Gigafactory too. And if I don't wanna do those things I can just pay someone else.

I'll take the money, but I'd rather see more energy put into Energy to be honest. Europe CAN NOT transition to renewables without insane amounts of storage and software. And they want to do that today. I am of course biased!

Sorry to pee in the corn flakes. I'll just leave y'all be. Enjoy!

Thinking of it as a labor replacement... we value people (including all costs of employing someone) at $250k/year. Imagine Optimus can only work at half the speed of a human... but its working 24 hours. Give it a 5 year life, and you're talking about 1.5 times the labor at only $4k/year. That's 93x the value of employing a human.

That's crazy.

With...
  • No (or minimal) training required for incremental headcount additions
  • No sickness/vacations
  • No office politics/drama
  • No personal / relationship weird situations
  • No "attitude management" that requires your managers to have that extra skill set level
There's also going to be a HUUUGE initial appeal of people coming in just to take photos of the bot (if it's customer-facing).

I see the potential, I just don't see it solving that many problems.

Like solar can produce electricity without combusting a fuel. An EV can drive on electricity.

Obviously there's the problem of me not having enough money. Overjoyed that's being addressed, but I can already drive, mow my lawn, clean my bathroom. I assume I could effectively work in a Gigafactory too. And if I don't wanna do those things I can just pay someone else.

I'll take the money, but I'd rather see more energy put into Energy to be honest. Europe CAN NOT transition to renewables without insane amounts of storage and software. And they want to do that today. I am of course biased!

Sorry to pee in the corn flakes. I'll just leave y'all be. Enjoy!
It’s okay. Not everyone is supposed to get it. Just hold and you’ll be fine whether your brain catches up or not. 😉

I'm super impressed so far. Tesla are super serious with the bot development and they are optimizing the *sugar* out of the FSD stack.

I wrote a post about segmantic GPT-3 like output a while ago. After I thought maybe I was wrong in my interpretation about their statements. Turns out I was more right than I could have thought. Holy ****!

PS, remember that the shaky demobot was the development platform, the second gen will be much better. They are adding capability such as arms and hands sooo fast. Imo that's the main difference, Tesla is setting up a platform for super quick iterations and rapid progress. That is their advantage. That is why they will win!

1664592290545.png

Impressive jump in labeling speed in just a few years.

I hope you all noticed how beautiful English as a language is with its multitude of beautiful accents. Love it . Proud to be an Immigrant and contributing to the diversity of this glorious nation.
My wife and I commented on that about half-way through, and then burst out with grins each time a new presenter came on, re-confirming our observation.