Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. The worst outcome of losing that trial would be the original sanctions: removal as CEO.

40mil + careful tweeting was the settlement.

And what if Elon now happened to have some more evidence that he had the funding and were to win the original case?

Would the SEC then have to ask to shorts to send the money back? :D

Cathie Wood from Ark buys 60,000+ more shares of $TSLAQ

A172E8DB-4834-411A-834F-96C3957D38C2.png

Crumpton was completely unable to explain to the judge how the settlement was "clear and unambiguous." Which demonstrates on its own that Musk could not be held in contempt.

I think the reason that Crumpton could not offer an explanation to the judge is that the tweet in question could not be so without it being prior restraint.

Her conclusion, "go try again," was the only possible way to save face for the SEC. Not that I think this judge cares, I think she did it because pitching the case would just invite the SEC to appeal. She wants it gone.

This is kinda my area...
In short. You are wrong. Advertising is not designed any more for you to pay attention to. It ACTIVELY targets your subconscious. It also works. 100%. It definitely works, on everyone, including you. If it didn't, i wouldn't be able to afford my tesla...
Read 'the advertised mind', and then tell me if you think ads do not work on you.

I see you are in the UK.

Could you maybe on your own time (quickly) create an advertisement targeting the UK politicians?

Then when they retract Article 50, you can say like Elon Musk:

"This might be my finest work".

This is kinda my area...
In short. You are wrong. Advertising is not designed any more for you to pay attention to. It ACTIVELY targets your subconscious. It also works. 100%. It definitely works, on everyone, including you. If it didn't, i wouldn't be able to afford my tesla...
Read 'the advertised mind', and then tell me if you think ads do not work on you.
Then tell me where you buy your insurance...

Reactions: Krugerrand
Cathie Wood from Ark buys 60,000+ more shares of $TSLAQ

View attachment 393752

I'm amazed at how bullish they are with Nvidia fully know they are being dropped by Tesla, while Stadia can potentially disrupt Nvidia's graphics business. They are being attacked from all fronts since they charge an arm and a leg for their hardware so now inhouse ASIC is beating them at their own game

Reactions: AZRI11
Much better summary in this twitter thread:
Adam Klasfeld on Twitter
This is incredible. Bloomberg sent several reporters to the courthouse and yet this one guy on Twitter delivers a 100x better quality and more accurate report.
Let me clarify, he was actually reporting, while Bloomberg used the time - mainly during Musk's lawyer's time - to post pre-written judgmental and snarky comments on Musk and Tesla and only occasionally went back to the live action... until the SEC lawyer came back. They spent most of the time basking in the light of their own smug commentary instead of reporting on what was happening in the court.

State of the media for you in a nutshell.

Aww Dana...your so...um....not cute:

Dana Hull:
"One of the big questions has always been: Could the SEC seek, or Judge Nathan rule, that Musk should not be CEO?
So far it doesn't appear that is what's at stake. Crumpton has only mentioned the fines."

But she is right, it was just yesterday or the day before that the CNBC host on "Squawk Box" speculated on the possibility that Elon Musk would lose his position as CEO,

PS. The patience of Ark Invest's Tasha Keeney is commendable...

Last edited:
'I was very impressed with Judge Nathan's analysis," Musk said as he stepped onto an elevator after the hearing​

Here's a fuller quote from Adam Klasfeld:

Adam Klasfeld on Twitter

Musk seems to have liked what he saw: He told reporters that he's "very happy" with the outcome and "very impressed with Judge Nathan's analysis."​

I'd suggest everyone read Adam Klasfeld tweets, much better reporting than Bloomberg's.

That is much better and makes crystal clear from the outset that the judge is completely unamused by the SEC. Going to be a good read, wish I'd been following this instead.

This is probably the most blatant example of media bias.

Hope to hear from our own members who jogged down the full transcript in court.

Very lucid and transparent reporting by Adam Klasfeld.

Adam Klasfeld on Twitter
@KlasfeldReports

Crumpton: "Tesla has, for whatever reason, thrown its lot with Mr. Musk."

Nathan interjects later: "If that's right, has Tesla done what is required of them."

Crumpton calls the company's conduct "troubling."

12:40 PM - 4 Apr 2019

I am a little speechless. Let me expand: where is it stated that a lawyer for the SEC calling conduct "troubling" should result in a heavy penalty. Everyone but Crumpton was attempting to clarify, elucidate, and improve their understanding of well defined questions.

Edit: there's something to be learned here. One of the reasons I follow Tesla's trajectory. And I think Elon Musk will also take home an appreciation of how nice it is to cut through FUD.

Last edited: