Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe she picked such an unprofessional last question about drugs, luckily the audience redirect to something more appropriate. WTF she talked about his personal life, jokily accusing him, during a CEO conference for WSJ.
Yes, her “Gotcha journalism” fangs were showing. Elon batted them away with grace. Can you imagine her being that impudent with any other CEO?

Wow! My appreciation of Elon Musk just went up another couple of notches. Excellent responses to pointed questions. Well done, Elon.

I agree. It looked like there were some attempts to get Elon to make a fool of himself, but he really avoided them, and I think he avoided most statements that would look bad in a quote taken out of context. I'm sure they will find one or two but it's going to make them have to work at it to make him look bad. A number of questions were booby traps, but Elon turned the tables and came out with really strong responses. She even volunteered that she thought Elon was going to cite dropping acid as way to remain young, but Elon didn't bite and said he thought all drugs probably made you age faster. At the end of the interview she seemed a little defeated, like she had not completed her mission. Watch her walk across the stage. Her body language says she screwed up.

Anyone who saw it probably has a new appreciation for the guy - he came across as very genuine and human while also appearing pretty wise and independent of government help. As someone moving humanity forward.

Chalk it up as a win for Elon, the company, and the mission.

I am going to give some props to the interviewer. Her voice, pronunciation, and diction seamlessly integrated into a channel I had no problems with.
And her ability to be flexible in more than one area also made the interview all about Elon, instead of her or an agenda.
Elon is not easy to ride.

IMO, she was told to give Elon a lot of leeway, be friendly, get him talking and feeling full of himself, pop short, quick questions and he will hang himself.

It seems like the only time I hear the truth is when Elon is talking.

This was amazingly refreshing.

A little bit like reading a book.

The contrast is striking.

HODL

I think he can’t set the date of the split and still sell shares, so that timing is delegated. Not controlled by him. He can’t be aware.

Note: The violence stuff is the ability to force people (citizens) to do things (outside of their will). Lots of examples.

Last edited by a moderator:
GEE, anybody notice this ?

1638876035276.png

NICE premarket.

Wow! My appreciation of Elon Musk just went up another couple of notches. Excellent responses to pointed questions. Well done, Elon.
Every answer he gives shows how he deeply understand each aspect. He has incredible general Intelligence and knowledge
By being against the 8k tax credit Elon is against his customers to spend more on their Tesla.. less likely to upgrade to a more expensive version.. his take is bad for TSLA
Tesla has been sold out even with the 7,5k EV rebate expedited for 2 years. He is right, Tesla does not need that EV credit for sales. If the bill passes it will just increase demand beyond production.

+4% premarket.
My faith in humanity has been restored.

I only need to worry about half of the equation because my haircuts generally look about like that.

Since Musk makes about $10,000/ hour, and he claims he did it himself (would not surprise me), that’s a $5,000 savings in time alone.

Musk loves to talk about efficiency. Nothing more efficient than spending 5 minutes with the electric razor and just shaving it off. Looks like he uses number 4 for the top and bare razor for the sides.

I do something similar. But sadly not worth 270 billion.
Thanks, I thought it might have just been the hair and I was going to go buy a razor and try it out. Appreciate you testing the hypothesis.

Forward Observing

As a PFC, holding the line, today looks like a refreshing crop of green. If there is any going down with the ship, well this PFC will be on board. @Papafox appears right on point today ~ thank you.

Eloquently stated back when Elon invited investors to the opening of the Nevada Gigafactory, I was joking that I was not invited. I am a small retail investor ~ period.

Our moto in Officer Candidate School (OCS) was, “rock steady, always ready.” Fitting slogan ~ I am anything but always.

My quest in life has been to seek the truth; what eventually becomes my truth. Even with the original multiple of 5, I can at this point in life only maintain and control the descent. There is no active income; I meticulously control when and where I release for my desired soft landing. Right after eating too much on Thanksgiving my wife/partner/friend transferred eight shares to each of our two GrandPups. My timing is not always perfect, but it is my timing.

From our hotel stay, and events leading up to this morning (outpatient), the hotel WiFi is slow and not secure, so my typical tortus (sp) lighting thought and writing process/skills ~ well, a lot of water will flow past this bridge. Sorry, I have not been able to watch the now famous WSJ Elon interview ~ just snipits here.

Bottom line, at the bottom, from my risks in living, from my growth pattern, and my anything but skilled investment strategy ~ I will be with Tesla and Elon until the very end. Tesla dominating the automotive marker (already does) and Elon is on Mars. No matter had you asked me Monday at ‘O dark thirty, or ten years from now; I have thirty years left.

FYI ~ during my outbrief I was once again reminded how average and unimportant in life. The procedure was fast, only an hour and a half. All the parts were where they were supposed to be! Not bad after 800,000 years of human evolution. Oh, and my wife gave me a chocolate chip cookie wit bacon on it ~ was she sending me a message?

Note: Gotta love the Tesla employees, and Elon.

Every time I look at the premarket green number today they in crease ~ here’s hoping it bodes well for today 7Dec21.

PS ~ okay @Artful Dodger your up, do your magic.

okay @Artful Dodger your up, do your magic.

Mumble, mumble, market makers...

Cheers!

EDIT: Unless you were referring to the 80th Anniversary of the raid on Pearl Harbor (today at 7:55 am HST, 12:55 EST). It is appropriate to observe a minute of silence in memory of casualties on both sides.

"December 7th, 1941: A Date Which Will Live in Infamy"​
-- FDR (addressing the Congress of the United States)​

Last edited:
Every answer he gives shows how he deeply understand each aspect. He has incredible general Intelligence and knowledge

Tesla has been sold out even with the 7,5k EV rebate expedited for 2 years. He is right, Tesla does not need that EV credit for sales. If the bill passes it will just increase demand beyond production.

+4% premarket.
My faith in humanity has been restored.
If incentives or rebates don’t matter why is California 40% of US customers - why does Tesla even mention it when they are selling the car? Why mention potential gas savings? Why is Norway the leader in EVs and Tesla ownership in Europe?
Elons fiduciary is to his company not his politics.
NVDA and NFLX are also up +3 pre market - higher than TSLA right now

Last edited:
I only need to worry about half of the equation because my haircuts generally look about like that.

Since Musk makes about $10,000/ hour, and he claims he did it himself (would not surprise me), that’s a $5,000 savings in time alone.

Musk loves to talk about efficiency. Nothing more efficient than spending 5 minutes with the electric razor and just shaving it off. Looks like he uses number 4 for the top and bare razor for the sides.

I do something similar. But sadly not worth 270 billion.
wait. THAT is what a $5,000 haircut looks like?

If incentives or rebates don’t matter why is California 40% of US customers - why does Tesla even mention it when they are selling the car? Why mention potential gas savings? Why is Norway the leader in EVs and Tesla ownership in Europe?
Elons fiduciary is to his company not his politics.
NVDA and NFLX are also up +3 pre market - higher than TSLA right now
For some, its just never enough. Sad.