Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk will submit to a half-hour interview by a Wall Street Journal columnist during the CEO Council at 7:30 pm EST this evening. This is a bump up from the earlier announced 8 pm.

WSJ CEO Council

Expect the Wall Street Journal to try to make Elon/Tesla look bad. This CEO Forum is hosted by the WSJ and it's CEO Almar Latour who took over last year. They also own Investor's Business Daily and Barron's, two sources of constant Tesla FUD. The WSJ believes the value of journalism is not in bringing accurate news to its customers and selling advertising to fund that, no, it's to continually expand and control the flow of information and carefully inserted dis-information to control public opinion and public reaction to events. Look where they are expanding and how they present it as an effort to assist the transition to renewables. This is a press release by Almar Latour from August 2, 2021:

relevant portion quoted here:
Dow Jones is well poised to become a leading voice in energy transition, including in the emerging renewables and carbon trade. This acquisition also reflects our continued commitment and strategic priority to investing in unique data, journalism and information and focused industry and investor communities, or verticals.

As part of this move, News Corp and Dow Jones are also acquiring the Coal, Metals and Mining (CMM) and the PetroChem Wire businesses. CMM offers coal and other raw materials pricing, and PetroChem Wire provides transparent pricing for petrochemicals and plastics. These assets also provide essential news, information and data on the raw materials that are critically important amid a global shift toward clean energy and electric vehicles.

Almar Latour knows he can't entirely control the narrative by continually expanding and acquiring other legitimate news outlets, but that being able to bend 'reality' it a little more from where it would have been, is worth billions of dollars. He's a bad apple willing to sell out the ideals of good journalism for greater financial gain. IMO, this seemingly unstoppable slide into "fake news" is one of the biggest threats facing society today because sound decisions must be based on accurate information and realistic perspectives.

Don't expect Elon to have a fair opportunity in a forum held by such people. Best case is that Elon doesn't fall for any of the sly traps they may set for him. If I were religious, I would ask you to say a prayer for him that he will be on top of his game and let his brilliance shine through!

Last edited:
^This. The error I have had the most trouble with professionally is precisely people using the wrong number of negations.
"I could care less"; "Never hesitate to avoid not making the wrong mistake in vain!; "One eye was dry"; "I have a red penny" etc.
In this case ti saw easy to understand the intended meaning. ;)
We should sanction this sort of post... or maybe we should not sanction it.

There's debate on if this article is correct at all. Other sources that are familiar with Germany/Europe dynamics (Alex_Avoigt for instance ) are saying this isn't delaying/stopping anything.

If things do get delayed again for a 3rd time, I'm in the camp that thinks Elon/Tesla should start to put this in the spotlight by openly saying any further expansion plans at GigaBerlin are put on hold and there will be an open bid for another factory and have European countries put in their bids. Germany can put in their own bid, but Germany doesn't get to assume it's the home of Tesla's European branch anymore.

At this point, I don't trust the German government even after production does start at Giga Berlin and that Tesla should start planning alternatives.
First of all; #teamaustin - woot!! Not much I hate more than being wrong. 😉

Secondly; no need to do this. All Tesla has to do is keep flooding the German and corresponding European market with Chinese built Teslas. Perhaps not so subtly hint at all the German jobs not being filled due to ridiculous bureaucracy, while jobs continue to be lost as the German ICE manufacturers layoff peeps. Anger the crowd, and the government will pull the pickle out of the 🌭.

One of the reasons I stay invested in Tesla is Elon Musk's principle of "the machine that builds the machine". Back in late 2016 Elon stated "it's possible to increase productivity 10X". The automotive industry had not made significant gains on production productivity for 100 years and Elon was ridiculed for such an outlandish statement. Well, here we are, 2021 and Shanghai GF is already producting vehicles 3X faster than VW and improvements with each successive GF along with improved processes (i.e. Gigapress, less wiring, etc.) and manufacturing efficiencies and Elon's statement is no longer fantasy.

Those looking at upstart EVs and traditional auto as competitors are only looking at the end product, and fail to understand the improvements to manufacturing of the product which is why Tesla has no competition. The auto industry was ripe for change and it has taken Tesla to do it singlehandedly.

I recall reading this article from Mark Warren back on November 14th, 2016. That Model S in Signature Red is so rad.

A lot of banter here on the share price today. Earlier this year in May when the stock broke down <$600 my prediction was that Tesla would reach ATH ($900) by Q4/2021 results (January 2022). I would still be estatic if this were to happen. The fact that TSLA shot up to $1,250 and with current share price above $1000 (3rd time the charm), if anything make this more plausible. I'm predicting we stay in this current range (+-$100) until we have confirmation that both GF Berlin and GF Austin are up and running and pumping out cars from soon to be four auto manufacturing plants. Then the next leg up to justify the share price valuation will be confirmation that Tesla Energy is ramping and profitable.

I look forward to @Curt Renz's ATH closing bell song choices in the near future. The patience of long term investors will be richly rewarded. Take care all.

First of all; #teamaustin - woot!! Not much I hate more than being wrong. 😉

Secondly; no need to do this. All Tesla has to do is keep flooding the German and corresponding European market with Chinese built Teslas. Perhaps not so subtly hint at all the German jobs not being filled due to ridiculous bureaucracy, while jobs continue to be lost as the German ICE manufacturers layoff peeps. Anger the crowd, and the government will pull the pickle out of the 🌭.
Wen silky smooth railway ready please? ;)
Much more cheap transport than bunker-fueled ships; also could be much faster.
Plus, Polish and Czech skilled workforce are less than one car charge away by road. Maybe less union-drosseled* too, IDK.
Maybe a mere hint of a wave of the whip will encourage new German Gov to see sense.
Interesting times.

* Drossel = Throttle

Had to buy...new couch just got delivered:

1638828295215.png

Wen silky smooth railway ready please? ;)
Much more cheap transport than bunker-fueled ships; also could be much faster.
Plus, Polish and Czech skilled workforce are less than one car charge away by road. Maybe less union-drosseled* too, IDK.
Maybe a mere hint of a wave of the whip will encourage new German Gov to see sense.
Interesting times.

* Drossel = Throttle
Six of one; half dozen of another. I think Chinese humiliation will work better and create less ‘work’ for Tesla than having to put the German site back to commercial forest and move down the road to Poland or such.

Today TSLA was shoved beneath its 50-day SMA (simple moving average) before bouncing to close above. That may have drawn an important support level.

Following the accelerated run-up during late-October-early-November to an all-time high, a pennant pattern appears to have formed. This is demonstrated by downward sloping tops from the high, and a flat line of bottoms. This is typical following a sharp upward move, and usually concludes with a resumption of the uptrend.

I just thought of something about why the media dislikes Tesla but seem to be pumping Rivian, Lucid, Nikola, etc... It's because they (Legacy Auto, Legacy Energy) want to pull the same trick that GM tried: To have the "We tried with the Bolt but there is no demand, guess we'll have to stick with ICE for a bit longer" 🤷‍♂️

Just think if the media (and stock prices) pump up these other EV companies and then they don't make a large volume of vehicles or aren't profitable after 2-5 years. This lets Legacy Auto/Energy keep status quo for the next 5-10 (20?) years as they use this tactic to slowly transition with PHEVs ("We have battery supply constraints/chip shortage we cant make full BEVs") as the CEOs ride out their golden parachutes.

They dislike Tesla because they are making money, they are mass producing, they are making the transition work, they are disrupting Legacy Auto/Energy, they are causing a paradigm shift.

Anyway, just trying to come to some sort of reason why Rivian/Lucid are hailed as the next greatest thing whereas Tesla (who is already doing it) is shunned as the enemy.

Last edited:
Tesla should change their mission statement to "Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable humanity." A small change but it would better encapsulate the company's current efforts.

I just thought of something about why the media dislikes Tesla but seem to be pumping Rivian, Lucid, Nikola, etc... It's because they (Legacy Auto, Legacy Energy) want to pull the same trick that GM tried: To have the "We tried with the Bolt but there is no demand, guess we'll have to stick with ICE for a bit longer" 🤷‍♂️
I think the main issue is that Tesla/Elon bypasses the gatekeepers. He speaks directly to consumers, and they hate this. Journalists of all sorts love their special status as arbiters of information. They want to tell the plebs what to think, and what matters.