Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope..... I think of him as Elmer Fudd (There is strong indication that just as we use "FUD" today back when Mr Fudd was assigned a name it was from the commonly used word back then of Befuddled. Who knows if our term, FUD, when first cast was done so with the understanding of how close it was to beFUDdle. It was not coincidence. And then for so many years later for this analyst to embody Elmer Fudd in every way, and to be so spot on even down to his physical characteristics...
I am flabbergasted, amazed. I ask but one question to make sense of this, Are we in a simulation!

From an online Dictionary--
Befuddle: to confuse, as with glib statements or arguments.
Example: politicians befuddling the public with campaign promises.

Gentlemen (and the Majority that is not included under "Gentlemen") I bring you my greatest accomplishment as an ant of all thing TSLA. This is by far one of the most "everything" posts ever offered on TMC... by any ant.
I wish even those that have me on ignore would read this in its entirety. I think even Jbacarioca will quiz his research team on the merits and details.
This, well stop and absorb it, read it, digest it fully, sip it as if a single malt, drain the glass as if beer, chew it as a dying man eats leather... The youngest and oldest amongst us will each question, how?
Take some time... Craig Irwin is a simulation of a simulation. But that isn't even the most interesting thing....

Elmer Fudd, capitalist shill: The auto industry finances Looney-Tunes propaganda, 1950s
If I was not able to convince you to read it all then read this excerpt and maybe you will look closely at the similarities between Tesla, GM, and Craig Irwin...
In “Heir-Conditioning,” Sylvester the Cat inherits multiple millions of dollars, so understandably, the alley cats in the neighborhood descend on his residence in order to get ahold of some moola. Elmer Fudd plays a “financial advisor” who tries to get the unwilling feline to invest his piles of cash in order to increase his own profits while enriching the rest of society—Elmer even hauls out a film projector to demonstrate the relative poverty of workers 50 years previous—after all, they hadn’t reaped the benefits of mass production yet. Hilariously, when Sylvester temporarily absconds with a large satchel full of paper currency and offers to give it to the alley cats, they tell him to listen to his bald-headed analyst and invest the money

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11
Eh, out of all the non-Tesla American auto OEM's, Ford seems to have the best perspective and handle on EV's. The Mach-E is a descent EV and is selling good numbers, actually one of the better compared to Tesla, and the Lightning should also do very well if they can make them at volume. I would never invest in Ford but I think they'll survive the transition. A bit bruised probably, but still alive.

GM, not so much.

Stellantis, even worse still.

While Tesla is on it's way to becoming the largest company in the world by market cap valuation. Yay us! :)
Stellantis has more EV in production than do either GM or Ford. Among TMC a North American bias is perhaps understandable but...
Stellantis now produces more than 17 distinct BEV models with roughly 30 nameplates that have some differences. For example their are Fiat, Opel and Vauxhall medium sized delivery trucks on the identical platform but with different battery and motor combinations.

Several of those are in segments in which Stellantis has very high market shares in Europe.

So please, when writing off Tesla competitors do a little homework.
Today the leading innovations around the world are coming from:
1. a variety of EU offerings that are largely split among smaller cars, a wide variety of trucks, mostly urban delivery and general use vehicles plus a wide variety of municipal and industrial vehicles.
2. a wide array of Chinese brands and vehicles in every category.

Then there is Tesla. There is nobody comparable to Tesla. We all know ti. We are foolish to assume every OEM will fail because Ford and GM are so bad. Clearly Stellantis is not stellar in the US but it is doing a pretty decent job in the EU and a few other countries.

BY looking only at US Brands we ignore progress made by major US OEM's that have non-US origins. Thus we dismiss Hyundai/Kia, not too wise to omit them, they're progressing quickly. Then Toyota that we love to hate, but Toyota is not only the US market and worldwide leader but they are 'quintessentially American" which is to say they'll explore every possible option before finally doing the right thing. Nissan/Renault/Mistubishi is another one easy to write off. Another error.

I write this now, as we are about to see Tesla do another unprecedented annual result and open two new GigaFactories. They will be hugely successful and I'll be thrilled that I have not sold TSLA shares. Tesla, by their outsized success is drawing inexorably the world's OEMs along. Tesla has inspired governments to accelerate their entire clean energy and clean energy using economies.

Thus we need to cheer those others along, just as Elon does. Tesla cannot succeed in the mission if other OEMs do not succeed also.

This “rumor” of Tesla buying SpaceX is ridiculous. The last thing Elon wants is to have SpaceX scrutinized on a quarterly basis and short term decisions made. Much more likely is that he will use a portion of his 10% Tesla stock sale to invest more into SpaceX to get through the current Raptor crisis. Once Starships are lofting v2.0 Starlink sats into orbit and millions of dishes have been sold, then SpaceX spins out Starlink in 2-3 years in a big fat IPO. SpaceX itself remains private.

We often forget how much TMC has sharpened our view of all things Tesla. Outside here, Bezos and Musk are evil alike.
Just ask *anyone* if they know Tesla workers get stock options... They just think Elon is evil and hates unions, thus hates workers. I think a more careful communication strategy around this could cause a lot less bad press for Tesla and a lot less headache for Elon¹, but apparently he thinks it's enough to just tweet it sometimes.

¹ I think all this "evil billionaire" discourse gets under his skin, see the recent twitter storm against Bernie, or the selloff of his California houses (he spoke about that on Rogan's podcast). Not saying I'd do better, I just wondering if clearing things would help.
That’s not how it works. Haters are going to hate; it’s at their core. People will believe what they want; it’s at their core.

It takes effort to be positive, it takes effort to find the truth. People are inherently lazy; it takes effort to be otherwise.

Check LikeTesla’s (I think now KimJava) latest vid on Youtube for an aftermarket solar solution for 3/Y coming in 2022. Seemed fairly slick and the estimated price also reasonable. Solar on vehicles is definitely going to start being more feasible and helpful as the panels are becoming more efficient.
Cool, as an add-on "fix" for the low mile vehicles iff it doesn't cost too much.

Elon dismissed it in 2016 though, unless he could deploy them (open up/retract). (Source from LikeTesla's video).

I think it's merely a pacifier at any cost and not 1st principle. This is going to solve the Apt complex problem? At 10 mi a day baking in the sun? Better sell shares in car covers then!

1638287626402.png

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Don‘t know about all EVs, but Tesla vehicles certainly use a crap ton of semiconductors. Just one example: Tesla has no fuses. None. Those little 12V single use fuses that all other cars have in abundance just aren’t there in a Tesla. Instead they have circuit boards that monitor current on all circuits using a microcontroller. If the current curve gets too wonky, the microcontroller cuts power to that circuit. No blown fuses, and can be reset by a technician. Look at YouTube videos by Ingineerix (https://www.youtube.com/c/Ingineerix) for info.
This post is worthy of Particular Merit.

Most of us probably think, "of course I knew that". But I didn't. Just imagine how important it is to eliminate fuses. Cost go down, reliability goes up, efficiency rises as less electricity is used running through fuses. Diagnosis and repair can happen OTA. This seems a very important competitive advantage for Tesla.

That’s not how it works. Haters are going to hate; it’s at their core. People will believe what they want; it’s at their core.

It takes effort to be positive, it takes effort to find the truth. People are inherently lazy; it takes effort to be otherwise.
All life will gravitate toward the path of least resistance if not acted upon by some greater adaptation for survival.

In other words ...

People, are a problem.

I really hate to agree with you. The realist in me just fixed a short circuit caused by the 'qualified' electrician who just left.
Thus, I must agree.

Cool, as an add-on "fix" for the low mile vehicles iff it doesn't cost too much.

Elon dismissed it in 2016 though, unless he could deploy them (open up/retract). (Source from LikeTesla's video).

I think it's merely a pacifier at any cost and not 1st principle. This is going to solve the Apt complex problem? At 10 mi a day baking in the sun? Better sell shares in car covers then!

View attachment 738998
Just some Soap Box derby thinking but..
put flexible carpet roll of it right in-line with the bumper or fender so it can be out of the way AND become part of the collision safety structure. When it is rolled out it can be "rolled" over the vehicle.
Originally I was day-dreaming about a soldier or group of soldiers that could travel without footprints or sound on beefy but low-speed terrain motorcycles with solar packs consisting of a parachute-like material that was also camo. In an area like the Middle east the "scouts" could ride by night with a large volume of kit, and sleep under the solar parachute during the day next to their bikes. If a "solar car cover" could be produced?

Reactions: SOULPEDL