Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you seeing delivery date estimates? I don't see any at Tesla.com. Thanks.
1636606946028.png
1636606953722.png
1636606959106.png
1636606963126.png

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: hobbes and Tim S
Only if you want zero upgrades. Pick any one upgrade in paint or wheels you can get it Nov 2022..lol Not much better.

I was configuring a Model S over the weekend to see how upgrades impacted the estimated delivery. One Model S with no upgrades had a very short delivery (November I believe) but adding the $2500 more expensive red paint put it deep into 2022 (I believe it was September)! I thought that was crazy. Typically, Tesla wants to sell the higher margin options. That $2500 for red paint is almost pure profit.

I had to leave the website shaking my head because it didn't compute.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Considering what macro looked like today, Tesla shouldn't have any strength on top of Elon selling. I think fund managers knew something today.

You mean a lot of fund managers were insider trading today? It wouldn't be the first time, lol, but we can speculate until the cows come home, none of it has any meaning. The price can go against macros based on nothing more than being over-sold and changing sentiment. Trying to explain it so it seems to make more sense doesn't change a thing.

Reactions: OrthoSurg
I was configuring a Model S over the weekend to see how upgrades impacted the estimated delivery. One Model S with no upgrades had a very short delivery (November I believe) but adding the $2500 more expensive red paint put it deep into 2022 (I believe it was September)! I thought that was crazy. Typically, Tesla wants to sell the higher margin options. That $2500 for red paint is almost pure profit.

I had to leave the website shaking my head because it didn't compute.
Just poking around I was able to configure a Model S which said delivery would be March… of 2023. My Cybertruck might be here before then! (If I’m lucky and no more delays and the delivery truck has a tailwind)

1636607569519.png

No No, Rivian has a higher marketcap than Tesla from 4/6/2020. By that date, Tesla had

1. Delivered more than 1 million cars
2. 4 model of cars for sale, solar roof, mega pack, power pack, power wall, solar panel, and 1 million pre-orders for cybertruck
3. one of the largest super charging network in the U.S, EU, and China
4. 4 mega factories spanning two continents
5. over 100 service centers
6. Guidance of of 20M cars run rate by 2030, accounting only half of their revenue

Rivian as of today has

1. About 100 deliveries
2. 4 service centers
3. 1 product
4. 48k truck pre orders and 100k van pre orders
5. Guidance of 1M cars production run rate by 2030
6. Nothing but execution risk

Buying Rivian(or insert any EV start ups) based on Tesla's execution is a recipe for disaster.

Bonus, Tesla can fulfill Rivian's enter pre-order book in 1.5 months today.
you need to square the execution risk and put it to the top of the list o_Oo_O the rivian list just to be clear

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Michael Burry suggested Tesla stock could plummet 90% in a now-deleted tweet on Tuesday. The investor of "The Big Short" fame drew a parallel to Amazon shares plunging when the dot-com bubble burst and only soaring years later once the e-commerce giant had transformed its business.

According to Burry, How should Musk “Transform” Tesla ? Sell diapers online ?

Apparently all 10 forms filed today only consist of ~4.5 million shares out of the 20 million shares he needs to sell to reach the promised 10% threshold.

This saga is only getting started. Buckle up, this is gonna be one bumpy ride.

Filing 10 forms is a confirmation Elon has sold some, that is certain.

Is it certain however, if all forms have been filed, representing all sales up to this point?