Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For everyone predicting a dip check out the similarities in these charts between Amazon and Tesla. Looks pretty similar doesnt it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 12.24.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 12.24.08 PM.png
    493.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 12.24.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 12.24.14 PM.png
    549.7 KB · Views: 72
YOU ARE SO RIGHT. Even now most people in the USA are clueless about EV's. They do not see a reason to understand the whole thing. I bet most are stimulated to learn by commercials such as those done by OEM's and now Hertz.
Until 2 years ago I knew Teslas made expensive electric cars that ran on computer batteries. And I AM smart compared to most Americans. I didn't give a crap about climate change. I still don't because I lived through the absolutely most terrible catastrophic global unstoppable environmental disaster EVER! No one can argue that it had an even better PR department than "Global Warming." Global Warming sounds good.
Now ACID RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACID RAIN! It is raining ACID. It was going to kill the forests. It was already sterilizing trout streams. Paint was dissolving off of cars. The World was ending. And then all they had to do was force Ohio Coal plants to put some scrubbers on their coal plants. And Acid rain was gone. POOF. Gone.
So really "Global Warming" Less harsh Winters, Longer Summers! Yippee.
My point is most don't care about Global Warming. We will have to do is something eventually. no big deal. So no, EV's aren't really the solution to "us." We want to have a better ride. Period.
But the Cyber(nota)truck hooked such a large percentage of the "real" people. So "we" learned things because we liked the cyber(nota)truck, not to save the world.
I'll let you in on something, I still don't care about the future of the Planet. I live my life so not to do any more harm to it, but after I am gone I don't care. I got a shitty planet to live in when I was born, and I expect the next generation will do what they want.
But the truth is EV's are better cars. And that is all that is needed to get us to want and buy them. Unfortunately the truth is not of any value. It is the perception. Somehow the perception of EV's is changing...not to save the world.
And regular people are easily deceived by the business entities of the world. The truth won't sell vehicles when more powerful lies are given center stage.
Almost all the people that have learned to drive a gas car are hardwired to accepting that a car is a petrol-driven necessity. We have closed off trying to add anything to that understanding. "We" have accepted that.
I consider that "youngsters" love Teslas because they have not been indoctrinated to the Petrol Culture. "Us"? Not you, but the common man and me, we quit accepting any other data. And the OEM's and Oil saw the EV Threat and they started lies and FUD. And have been very effective. But now the truth is here. The game has changed. We did not change the game. The OEM's and Oil have decided it is time to tactically withdraw. They have an exit strategy working now.
BTW the eyeball maxpain this morning was $1070 to the lowside and $1090 to the highside, And $1100 being almost impossible. Then again that was before opening.
You can’t fix stupid.

That's one reason why I was so upset when he broke off from Grimes.

Yeah, I don't think they're actually broken off. Grimes wants to live in a mansion in California. That's fine, but Elon wants to live in Texas for work and tax reasons. I think the media overstated the split. There was a split of households, but Elon and her are still in an (albeit long-distance) relationship. Little X will have a dad, don't worry.

TL;dr This change isn't causing Elon any stress or distraction.

Cheers!

Yeah, I don't think they're actually broken off. Grimes wants to live in a mansion in California. That's fine, but Elon wants to live in Texas for work and tax reasons. I think the media overstated the split. There was a split of households, but Elon and her are still in an (albeit long-distance) relationship. Little X will have a dad, don't worry.

TL;dr This change isn't causing Elon any stress or distraction.

Cheers!
But all he’s thinking of is T. I.T.S;)

The last thing in the world I want is actionable data. I do not wish to make any action that could result in a lawsuit or, worse, indictment:

Sorry to seem pedantic since so many people misuse that word even though most fo them should know better. I cringe, since I do everything I can do to avoid legal hassles. When they have happened I have prevailed, in large part because I have avoided doing actionable things.

no problem. that’s a good correction!

Reactions: jbcarioca
Weekend assignment for me is to calculate all my calls and covered call plus minuses:)

The recent price action is making me work just like the post S&P times… keeps going up

No balancing preemptive actions and one can lose all their shares. Hate having CCs ITM and make the whole account as dead weight - so some surgery is required- need to determine at what price to take action too

All strategies have pros & cons :)

Wife is like why are you so stressed!!?!?!?!?!?!? I thought Tesla is all time high?

Yes Uhhh 20% of our TSLA position is locked in via ITM short calls held hostage by people smarter than me and more bullish than me??!

So far I think I've managed to recover 20 cents on the dollar by short strangling the calls with more aggressive short puts.

I have ~5 days from now to take action before I get exercised.

I feel like I will have to do something ridiculous like sell 1300 Puts and hope I stay ITM for it to keep my shares and not take a bath. 🤣

Wife is like why are you so stressed!!?!?!?!?!?!? I thought Tesla is all time high?

Yes Uhhh 20% of our TSLA position is locked in via ITM short calls held hostage by people smarter than me and more bullish than me??!

So far I think I've managed to recover 20 cents on the dollar by short strangling the calls with more aggressive short puts.

I feel like I will have to do something ridiculous like sell 1300 Puts and hope I stay ITM for it to keep my shares and not take a bath. 🤣
My worst case would be like to sell 100 shares
Close as many CCs as possible and live to fight another day
Once CCs are closed would likely be tempted to sell far OTM 2024 calls and repeat the strategy/gains/losses all over again;)

+ accumulated 4.6X initial X shares with mainly this strategy- so called I do have some ammo in the bank

Last edited:
There has been serious competition for the iPhone for years yet the iPhone is still dominating. If you make a really good product, competition can help demonstrate how good your product really is. The Tesla bears are making a fundamental assumption that Tesla cars are mediocre products only selling well because there is no competition. This could not be further from the truth - Tesla makes great cars, and the competition is highlighting this fact with every futile attempt they make at competing with it.
This also ties in with the thinking from the general public that if some startup (Tesla) can make electric vehicles, then surely EVs will soon be available at my local OEM (Toyota, Ford, VW etc.) dealership right?

Many people are expecting their next auto purchase to be an EV, but were waiting to buy it from a traditional OEM.

My worst case would be like to sell 100 shares
Close as many CCs as possible and live to fight another day
Once CCs are closed would likely be tempted to sell far OTM 2024 calls and repeat the problem all over again;)

I took a peek in that thread and while there will always be potential for small pullbacks, I strong believe we're not seeing another repeat of 2021 for many years. The "P/E" contraction that was always going to happen at some point has happened, from 1,200 to 250(right after Q3 earnigns). Now because of Tesla's earnings scale and continued rapid earnings growth, even with the share price gaining 20-25%% every quarter, the P/E will continually drop. Maybe you get dips of 5-10% every now and then, but those hoping for 20-30% drops after rallies from here on out are probably in for a rude awakening.

There was a lot of room/buffer for the stock to move to the downside when it's P/E was 1,200, even 600. But now it's much tighter and that has big implications for how the stock will trade going forward.

I think @The Accountant $12 GAAP EPS for 2022 is baseline.

If Jame's estimates end up being closer to reality, then you're looking at $15+ GAAP EPS for 2022. Stock isn't pulling back in any significant way even at much higher share prices if that comes to fruition

Last edited:
Some serious questions for 30th August:
1. What did Tesla invest in GF Austin, and move HQ to Texas when Texas will not allow Tesla to be sold by them through stores?
2. What did Texas BEV incentives explicitly exclude Tesla?
3. To both questions, why did Texas stay discussion of automating exclude Tesla entirely?
Their excuse may be that they're still using 2013 data.
4.Why has Texas suddenly acted to encourage the FAA to restrict SpaceX activities in Boca Chica?

This all is beginning to seem 'slightly suspicious'

Perhaps Tesla dn SpaceX may have been a bit premature in their enthusiasm.

I raise my kids by teaching them to have the lowest carbon footprint in every decision they take and that is how everyone should try to be reasoning. I try to lead by example and have converted all the gas heating with heat pumps and resistive heating from hydroelectricity. I have converted the gas water tanks, I have converted all the gas cars to EVs. Not because my life will be better, but to show my kids how the planet will be a better place, by changing the way we live. We’ve reduced our cattle meat intake, I feel healthier and perform better in sports. Now I told my kids it will be their generation to create engineering processes for an effective, profitable way to recapture the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and store it in an efficient way. That will be the challenge if their lifetime, to avoid en masse migrations and political unstable countries from worsening droughts in other countries. But they are always being taught about the importance of climate change at school and how they can positively Have an impact on it, some knowledges their grand parents never learned or acknowledged because they would never feel the direct and indirect impacts of climate change, apart from staying inside air conditioned house for the whole months of a July and August this year.

What I like from TSLA, is that you can enjoy the most fun product to drive ever, you can definitely do an impact on climate by funding the company by buying more stock to help them acquire more liquidity when needed, all this while making a profit and having good conscience.
Already being done by Climeworks, based in Switzerland.

World’s Largest Carbon Capture Plant Opens in Iceland​

‘Orca’ will use geothermal energy to pull 4,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide per year out of the atmosphere and pump it underground. Already proven profitable, just need to scale. 32 Billion metric tons per annum needed to offset current consumption. Let's go!

Climeworks works should be a good candidate for Elon Musk's $100 Miillion Prize for Carbon Removal which will be awarded late 2025.

Why not roll them up & out?

Once CCs are closed would likely be tempted to sell far OTM 2024 calls

I've been a part of these Squid Games. You will have a hard time outrunning the strikes based on current trajectory.

You would have to hope a huge calamity befalls Tesla before these 2024 short calls print for you.

Not a good place or mindset to be in.