Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh, ur TA sux. That's not a 'support' that's the bottom bound of an upward channel.

U need to draw the upper bound next... homework for tomorrow's class. :p

Cheers!
Happy now??? :)

1627599258482.png

Sounds right.

Ho hum volume and a 5.4% move in a $650B stock. You'd think a regulatory body would find that kind of "market making" suspicious.

$671B stock. Remember that, as of July 22nd, TSLA now has 990.015 M shares outstanding.

The previous share count was 963.330 M so all end-of-day Market Cap figures for TSLA since July 22, 2021 should be increased by 2.77%

This should be done retroactively for days before Tuesday's 10-Q filing.

BTW, both Yahoo! Finance and Google Charts now report Mkt Cap based on updated share count.

CNBC.com at 947 M shares has (unsurprisingly) still not updated Tesla's share count even for the Dec 2020 $5B equity offering. Pitiful + Typical.

Cheers!

View attachment 689685

I'm not a TA guy, so let me know if I got this right. Looks like the wedge breaks at $695 sometime during the week of 9/5?

If you keep drawing lines as the chart changes/updates every day, the wedge meeting point will continually get pushed out. The most convincing wedge point that I've seen charted has the wedges meeting next week or Mon/Tues of the following week.

View attachment 689685

I'm not a TA guy, so let me know if I got this right. Looks like the wedge breaks at $695 sometime during the week of 9/5?
It literally depends on how you decide to draw the lines. You can choose any particular time range and draw lines to fit to end up with whatever outcome you prefer. This is a problem with TA.

645 was today's Max Pain. We won't get the value for tomorrow until 7 am Friday.

Max pain is updated only once per day. Why is this not well known?
Does anyone know a legit reason that Option Open interest (and by association, max pain) isn't updated in real time? ("Don't let them see behind the curtain" is the only one I can think of ). The exchange data systems update hundreds of thousands of bids/asks/trades for stocks and options every millisecond... but the technology isn't there to keep a real time tally of open options contracts? Seems more than a little fishy to me.

Looks like equipment with a high point near the middle. Not really Cybertruck shape (nor would stainless steel chassis need rain protection)
I normally agree with you Mongo, but based on the curve and the banding, I think that is a Cybertruck... Probably covered it up because it's a package with other items for shipping or other purchases. At least I hope it is as that would indicate it's further along than we thought. Amazing, Ford gets a bump in the SP because they have reservations of 120k (compared to over a million for CT) and production is go to start mid 2022 (yeah right) and CT may be the end of this year.

I can't wait, but I guess we'll have to...

Um, me getting out of the hospital after a heart attack ?
RCA with 95% blockage. Got to hospital quick enough so only minimal damage.
Stent makes me feel young again.
Wow, glad you're OK my friend! Amazing there was anything pumping with a 95% blockage. You must feel just like Mick Jagger now!

Since Monday’s report of a one billion dollar profit, I’ve been soaking up YouTube vids. There are so many reasons why a billion is going to look small in a couple of years, I can’t seem to hold them all in my head. I need a simple list. Please extend it if I miss something.

Operating leverage, fixed costs are fixed (der)
Two huge factories, Berlin and Austin
In house cell making, 4680s
LFP chemistry for cheaper raw materials
More output from existing factories
Models S and X
Higher auto margins, up to 40% (e.g. from gigapressed body)
Structural pack (less raw material, lighter car)
Higher ASP due to demand inflection
Energy storage business ramping, deconstrained
Autobidder
Supercharger revenue from non-Teslas
FSD subs
FSD sales
New models, cyber, semi, roadster
Robotaxi (wildcard)

I think my point is that PE ratio alone is enough to drive the stock by a multiple; maths that requires no subjectivism, unlike the robotaxi wildcard.

Cheers

I can’t seem to hold them all in my head. I need a simple list. Please extend it if I miss something.

Operating leverage, fixed costs are fixed (der)
Two huge factories, Berlin and Austin
In house cell making, 4680s
LFP chemistry for cheaper raw materials
More output from existing factories
Models S and X
Higher auto margins, up to 40% (e.g. from gigapressed body)
Structural pack (less raw material, lighter car)
Higher ASP due to demand inflection
Energy storage business ramping, deconstrained
Autobidder
Supercharger revenue from non-Teslas
FSD subs
FSD sales
New models, cyber, semi, roadster
Robotaxi (wildcard)

Great list! I would also add...

Solar panels and solar roof
Supercharger revenue from Teslas
Premium connectivity monthly revenue

And there may be a whole bunch of things we don't know about or just rumor (eg home HVAC)