Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call to action - do vote your shares for Robert Maurer's Question ... I have tried alerted a few others, but so far only Rob Maurer seems to have gotten it - he probably has the better support team.

Lol! We are Rob's support team. He does an excellent job, I watch/listen to him every day, but he's basically a one-man show.

One-man, not for long... A couple weeks back Rob asked if anyone wanted to help. I bet he's got an army building.
Yes, I forgot that - glad to hear that he's doing well enough to support that. He really does a remarkable job, when anyone has questions about "that Tesla stuff" I just tell them to watch a couple weeks of his channel. A very refreshing, non-dramatic and honest rundown of the news.

I'd love for someone at CNBC to ask Ford how many chips they ordered and when. Show me a chart of historical chip orders and production, I think you'll see the root of the "shortage".
Anecdotal, but I played golf recently with a guy who said he was in the semiconductor business, and I asked him about the chip shortages and he said that automakers canceled a bunch of orders fearing the worst. Meanwhile, other products like laptops soared. So when the car makers needed chips, the semiconductor companies told them they had to get back in line because it wouldn't be fair to their other customers to let them cut in front of everyone. Basically the semiconductor companies are super busy, and the car companies shot themselves in the foot by canceling orders prematurely.

Anecdotal, but I played golf recently with a guy who said he was in the semiconductor business, and I asked him about the chip shortages and he said that automakers canceled a bunch of orders fearing the worst. Meanwhile, other products like laptops soared. So when the car makers needed chips, the semiconductor companies told them they had to get back in line because it wouldn't be fair to their other customers to let them cut in front of everyone. Basically the semiconductor companies are super busy, and the car companies shot themselves in the foot by canceling orders prematurely.

Sounds about right. And I'm sure they're more than happy to shutter plants a few weeks since demand for ICE is cooling anyway.

This poor "investor" who is solely looking to "invest wisely" is down a good $3-5M in just three hours. I wonder what he'll tell his wife?
Looks like he’s down about $7M at closing. Who was the "anti-investor" from a year or two ago? Remember, if you did the opposite, you got rich? Maybe he's back in the game.

TL; DR: It's a start, but don't be misled by the headline, the devil is in the details. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I guess.

"Rory Harvey, head of Cadillac, said that from now on, the brand will only unveil all-electric vehicles.

The executive did note that the brand’s lineup of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles is fairly fresh, and therefore, they plan to keep selling more gas-powered cars for the foreseeable future."

Truth in advertising "We plan to sell the Escalade with current combustion powertrain until the government forces us to stop"

ASP on Escalade is $102k and half of that is margin.

Other ICE Cadillac make a pittance and won't be worth offsetting the emissions on in the not too distant future.

This was reported in media sources months ago. I mentioned it here previously.

I also said that I doubted very much that Tesla had significantly cut its chip orders and should be unaffected.

Edit to add: In tagging the userid StealthP3D, I noticed there are 7 (seven!) users with the prefix "stealth". Is that not a fairly obvious bot stripping a recognized common noun from the front of the most active user and creating similar bot id's? Perhaps not worth worrying about, just found it interesting.
Hello fellow human, I am not a bot I swear.

Sounds about right. And I'm sure they're more than happy to shutter plants a few weeks since demand for ICE is cooling anyway.
... then come out the other side saying (speculating here) "It was all planned. We were secretly working on the Factories for the Great Migration coming in the next 5 yrs. We just couldn't wait for it to happen any longer. But now we're ahead of the curve."

Reactions: gabeincal
Call to action - do vote your shares for Robert Maurer's Question on when the DWS (Dojo Web Services) will be in place.
This is, IMHO and that of some others well versed in AI/ NN tech, a HUGE new source of revenues, on par with Amazon's AWS.

Tesla's SP is valued based on earnings and future expected earnings; DWS will be online and profitable way before the full FSD stack is finished, approved, sold and monetized. Elon probably will announce that on AI day as tweeted. Adding your shares to this question of Robert M., and asking esp. your whale contacts to add theirs may help get more momentum to crash the FUDsters 800/ 850/ 900/ ... barrier at THIS event.
It will also help break the FSD accident narrative

See more details on my previous post on DWS. I have tried alerted a few others, but so far only Rob Maurer seems to have gotten it - he probably has the better support team. Again, FSD is great but DWS is an equally exciting entrant in the AI Machine Learning space, where currently Amazon, Nvidia and Google have offerings. It is not going to happen in many years, more like next year - AI day is going to be another talent recruiting tool for Tesla.

So, vote your shares, and get others to vote - this is free, and a great way to counter the FSD fraudsters from a new angle.

View attachment 655741
I listened to Rob talking about hoping the answer to this question will open up some eyes from institutional investors. My take is that it wouldn't do a thing because.

1. Elon already said he will open up Dojo for monetization

2. It is still unclear what he is selling here. Something like this requires AI day to fully flesh out what this product is exactly and why would anyone be interested. It's also keen to already have a paying customer trial running this, giving the stamp of approval. And if he's selling this as "your only way to L5 autonomy", there needs to be a proof of concept of this as in FSD 1.0 L5 achieved. Not having L5 achieved makes whatever this is no better or worst than all the other training servers that haven't reached L5 for their customers.

Even though Tesla have gotten a ton of credibility from their financial guide and production guide, the area they lack credibility the most is their autonomy program. So stock will not move based on anything FSD related until wallstreet sees that revenue stream first hand, not on a story.

This should be going up constantly from now on until Monday morning & beyond. The stock already hit 900, and NOTHING has changed except for a bunch of good news......
Who ISNT buying this in the world of finance......bunch of clowns. I hope Tesla realizes some gains on FSD just to stick it to the analcysts(........sp?) :)

If ER reflects anything more than our already monster P&D report this should go skyrocket straight up Gordos you know what.
But, I’ve been wrong before :D
Very surprised we are not at 750+
I note that this malaise started right after you were told to decommission your spanking machines, I totally blame the moderators for $TSLA's illogical behaviour