Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp Mr Market, you're making my decision on my April 9th Calls easier. Was debating on selling a third of them if we briefly touched 700 today but the stock is being capped and walked down hard considering how much the Nasdaq is up today. I'm content to just sit on my hands and wait for the P/D numbers

Welp Mr Market, you're making my decision on my April 9th Calls easier. Was debating on selling a third of them if we briefly touched 700 today but the stock is being capped and walked down hard considering how much the Nasdaq is up today. I'm content to just sit on my hands and wait for the P/D numbers
Huge effort by the manips today on account of the enormous call-wall at $700:

1617287326021.png

The argument I keep having is "EVs are no good because not everybody can charge at home". My response: "NOBODY can, in any meaningful way, refuel at home: you are literally making an argument for why EVs are better".

Doesn't work mind you. None so blind etc etc.

I have this argument constantly, even with other EV fans. It especially comes up in reference to battery swap stations and dense cities. "People don't have garages to charge in!o_O Need battery swap and EVs just don't make sense if you don't own a suburban American home." Umm, those cars park SOMEWHERE during the day and somewhere during the night. It's trivial to add charging to wherever those places are.

This is so true. A friend and I have gone back and forth several times about how he wants a fast charging station at his local gas station. I've explained several times that he has a three car garage, plenty of electrical capacity, and that there is no reason why he needs a fast charging station so close to home. Despite being a very smart and successful person, he can't seem to wrap his head around the concept of home charging. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe try asking him how often he'd stop at a gas station if his car filled up over night, at a much lower price, and he started every day with a full tank of gas?

Sadly, there are a small % of flat earth GoJo’s for whom a Q1 2021 delivery number of even 200k would be the result of “some sort of conspiracy”.

to coin a phrase inspired by former UK Prime Minister Margret Thatcher

“ if they personally witnessed Elon walk on water; their headlines would read “Revealed! : Elon Musk can’t swim!”

Last edited:
Yup. I was going to see if we briefly hit 700 or squeaked past it and then sell about a third of the calls, but the closest we got was 694. No doubt there's no way the stock is closing at 700 or over.
Never say never, but there's a lot of money at stake, so they will throw a lot at it...

Some crumbs of comfort at least is that there're a lot of calls ITM too, but I guess those are covered by all the puts that finished ITM last week, so they're still raking it in...

Trying to do math for deliveries figuring where this 15% would come from and what China’s production rate would need be to supply the increase but yah what’s the point......1 day to go?!?

Pumped about the new category of Africa and ME. Israel getting set up. Troy will have to add a new continent to his research :)

This is so true. A friend and I have gone back and forth several times about how he wants a fast charging station at his local gas station. I've explained several times that he has a three car garage, plenty of electrical capacity, and that there is no reason why he needs a fast charging station so close to home. Despite being a very smart and successful person, he can't seem to wrap his head around the concept of home charging. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe he likes to get out of his house and hang out at the gas station .... i find a lot of otherwise smart people use the perceived difficulty with home charging as a reason not to go electric ... some folks just cant imagine it ....others hate the idea of needing and electrician and figuring out where to locate it ... on and on... i think it is a real mental hurdle for many folks....