Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is ARK buying TSLA today ? given that ..
Ark did not trade TSLA today, according to

CNBC is pushing as a "breaking news" alert a story by everyones favourite CNBC Tesla troll (Lora Kolodny) about a few people getting double charged for their new Tesla, who aren't happy with it taking a few days to get the double charge refunded.

That's it, that's the whole story. CNBC deemed a few customers mildly put out by a payment error as important enough to send out as a breaking news alert to millions of phones.

CNBC is pushing as a "breaking news" alert a story by everyones favourite CNBC Tesla troll (Lora Kolodny) about a few people getting double charged for their new Tesla, who aren't happy with it taking a few days to get the double charge refunded.

that's it, that's the whole story that CNBC deemed important enough to send out as a breaking news alert to millions of phones.

Wouldnt one just be an authorization that would fall off in a few days if a second in the same amount is processed within moments? Also, since when can you pay with a card? I was only given the option of ACH/Wire to pay my balance after initial deposit. I would have loved to have gotten the credit card points for my MY purchase.

Wouldnt one just be an authorization that would fall off in a few days if a second in the same amount is processed within moments? Also, since when can you pay with a card? I was only given the option of ACH/Wire to pay my balance after initial deposit. I would have loved to have gotten the credit card points for my MY purchase.

These were ACH payments that were doubled, not credit card payments. So the money is gone from their accounts, not just an authorization...

Note: I think it is likely any issue with the payment processor, Plaid, but maybe it is related to the changes Tesla made to accept Bitcoin...

Last edited:

That's it, that's the whole story. CNBC deemed a few customers mildly put out by a payment error as important enough to send out as a breaking news alert to millions of phones.
But...the real relevance of this story is this.....

1617053550763.png

Nearly 2,000 words for a merchant error. Good lord!

Up next - Deliveroo customer receives calzone instead of pizza.

Edmunds vs Rob. The Edmunds guy says that 15° difference between tests do not matter for a range test comparison and that somehow 800V systems are not affected by temperature. 🤦‍♂️

and this gem:
They aren't seeing the direct correlation because they are ignoring the below 0 miles left buffer "in the interest of consumers".

I was asking someone that I know that works for an EV manufacture and was asking him about the difference in temperature for instance with the Model 3 LR getting tested at 53°F ambient vs 73°F ambient on the Taycan 4S. He said that there is a chance that the BTMs will come on at 53°F ambient and that on the Taycan for sure it will not. Where he works they set BTMs threshold at 59°F at the battery pack. He mentioned the increase air density and that at 75mph drag increases by a V^2 factor. He also mentioned maintaining cabin temperature would also hurt Tesla in this test and looking at Edmunds test they set the temperature at 72°.

• Each driver set the automatic climate control to 72 degrees.

~~~Two housekeeping points and a final one taking just about all participants to task for...read and find out -

1. As some have pointed out, FSD, L5 and so on discussion that does not directly relate to Tesla's balance sheet, income statement and the stock market ===>DIRECTLY<===, mind you, does not belong here. There has been high-quality input from others elsewhere: get out of this rut and read other threads, forums, knowledgeable articles!

2. There has been a blitheringly moronic amount of posts regarding updates of the Evergreen NeverNever. STOP assuming that this forum's participants - any of them - aren't also able to learn of such Hot Topic items. Summary: consider that topic docked and unloaded.

3. I am truly disappointed that every single participant over the past 72 or so hours - either by commission or omission - has failed to understand (commission) or take to task (omission) that with Mr Musk tweeting (verbatim now):
I think there is a >0% chance that Tesla could be the biggest company just EXACTLY what ">0% chance" means (In fact, early on in that palaver there may have been 1 or 2 who correctly ran with it. But still). It does not mean ANYTHING at all! I can just as appropriately write "I think there is a >0% chance that no vapid posts will be present in this thread over the next 10 days". 0.000000000000001% is, indeed, >0. Yeah. Right. Summary: stop embarrassing yourselves and this thread.

DOUBLE CHARGING-GATE 2021!!!!

This month feels very........coordinated. Much more so than any month in a long while. Hmmmmm

Which is why I feel like it's time for me to play a few short term Call options. It's been nonstop hit pieces and fear inducing notes from analysts. I'm really starting to feel even Wall St views Q1 as a last chance to get in at these prices before another valuation jump happens.

Also starting to feel like 2021 is going to be a repeat of 2020 in terms of the stock action. Not the same percentages of course....that's not going to happen. But the general trend of fear/confusion in Q1. Rebounds after Q1 P/D numbers come out. Around end of Q2, everyone realizes Tesla's true goal for P/D for 2021 and then another jump in valuation. Followed by FSD/Subscription catalyst at end of Q3/early Q4 for another step up in valuation.

Just as it did early this month, the 150-day simple moving average proved supportive on Friday and today. The algobots follow such basic technical signs, whether you do or not.

The sharp but brief dip today beneath $600 occurred in the middle of the first hour of trading. That may have been selling by weak longs more concerned about lowered quarterly delivery expectations than long-term prospects for the company. Then there was a slow and bumpy rise throughout the rest of the session, despite an uptrend in the 10-year treasury rate.

Now we await Biden's infrastructure speech on Wednesday, with the strong possibility of him referencing green energy and electric vehicles.

Even in their own article, they explained how these things are common for e-commerce transactions..lol.

But...the real relevance of this story is this.....

View attachment 649062
Sounds like these people have bigger problems and shouldn’t be buying a new car in the first place if one car payment can derail their entire financial situation....

Edit: @MP3Mike says this is for the entire car payment. Not sure about that....

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Sounds like these people have bigger problems and shouldn’t be buying a new car in the first place if one car payment can derail their entire financial situation....

It isn't "just one car payment", it is one payment for the entire car. So we are talking $40-100k here. (Though in some case it could just be double of the down payment that would be in the $2-10k, but that still isn't "just one car payment".)

This is how your average American lives though. They finance everything with debt and work until the day they die. This is the society we have built for ourselves.

It isn't "just one car payment", it is one payment for the entire car. So we are talking $40-100k here. (Though in some case it could just be double of the down payment that would be in the $2-10k, but that still isn't "just one car payment"
And...

1617055388496.png

Looming finance charges on credit card bills?? Wait..they mentioned ACH and looming finance charges on cc bills? You can't charge the entire purchase on a credit card the last time i checked.

Reactions: kbM3
~~~Two housekeeping points and a final one taking just about all participants to task for...read and find out -

1. As some have pointed out, FSD, L5 and so on discussion that does not directly relate to Tesla's balance sheet, income statement and the stock market ===>DIRECTLY<===, mind you, does not belong here. There has been high-quality input from others elsewhere: get out of this rut and read other threads, forums, knowledgeable articles!

2. There has been a blitheringly moronic amount of posts regarding updates of the Evergreen NeverNever. STOP assuming that this forum's participants - any of them - aren't also able to learn of such Hot Topic items. Summary: consider that topic docked and unloaded.

3. I am truly disappointed that every single participant over the past 72 or so hours - either by commission or omission - has failed to understand (commission) or take to task (omission) that with Mr Musk tweeting (verbatim now):
I think there is a >0% chance that Tesla could be the biggest company just EXACTLY what ">0% chance" means (In fact, early on in that palaver there may have been 1 or 2 who correctly ran with it. But still). It does not mean ANYTHING at all! I can just as appropriately write "I think there is a >0% chance that no vapid posts will be present in this thread over the next 10 days". 0.000000000000001% is, indeed, >0. Yeah. Right. Summary: stop embarrassing yourselves and this thread.

I think your third point is <100% accurate: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable