Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It gets even better. Biden's plan to replace government fleet with electric vehicles won't be so easy:
"Reality check: Right now, not a single model fits the president's criteria: battery-powered, made in America, by union workers.
  • Tesla produces the vast majority of EVs in the U.S., and all of its models contain at least 55% American-made parts, according to federal data. But Tesla doesn't have a union and CEO Elon Musk has run afoul of federal labor laws.
  • General Motors' Chevrolet Bolt is the only U.S.-built EV made by union labor. But it's made mostly with parts imported from Korea. Just 24% of the content is considered domestic.
  • The Nissan Leaf, another popular EV, is made in Tennessee. But the factory is non-union and only 35% of the parts are domestic."
If the "made by union workers" part is true, this makes the Biden administration look petty and stupid.

Agreed completely. Let Ford and GM make the government low margin vehicles, Tesla has more important things to do!
Wouldn't they all bid like any Gov't project? Someone's going to realize they're paying too much for basics specs on range, warrantee, or bullet-resistance upgrades. Oh well, not the first time we had gov't waste. Maybe it helps them along, who knows.

Biden just announced he will replace all federal vehicles with zero emission union built electric vehicles made in America. (Paraphrased). So much for Tesla.

I can not find any evidence the the President said anything about union workers. Just "made by Americans".

Dan

Same here. I went back and looked at the statements- all it says is “made by Americans”. No mention of union. @SarahsDad can you point to where you got the info that it has to be Union workers?

I can't play there, but... I printed it out.
Then I realized, we'd all have the same cards, duh!

I wasn't specific about what one might drink.

03d4c3bfcdb24caf377c25e52b9b3690.jpg

Whether Tesla workers join a union is up to the workers, not management. Elon has reminded us of that. As long as the workers are happy with the pay, conditions and stock options, that would likely remain the case, and the government should be pleased that unionizing is not necessary.

I have worked as a Union electrician for decades. Collective bargaining agreements, have benefited myself and my family. I believe in living wages; I believe a rising tide raises all ships.

I also believe that employees that are provided stock options and possess a stake in the company are tough customers to sell on unions.

President Biden ought to support good living wages, despite their form.

Biden just announced he will replace all federal vehicles with zero emission union built electric vehicles made in America. (Paraphrased). So much for Tesla.
Once Joe gets a ride in the back seat of a Model X (perhaps riding next to an astronaut), the verbiage will be revised to Union (or equivalent) built...

Reactions: RabidYak and dww12