Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the new S?

Tesla Model S “Refresh” spied track testing | TESLARATI

tesla-model-s-plaid-refresh-track-testing-spy-shot-e1611508006142.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious that (some) U.S. taxpayer money should be spent on adding Supercharging sites? 80% of BEVs on the roads the USA are from Tesla. It would seem stupid to be only spending public money on CCS.
Zero chance that tax money will go to a proprietary charging standard.

I wouldn’t expect a sell off. For US investors here who didn’t sell, there is no realized gain so no tax.
(Many only trade in tax free accounts)

For people who did sell in taxable account, they should have already set aside cash for expected taxes.
Also, they already sold, how could they sell again? Short it?

For option players, most of winning 2019/2020 options play became so ITM it make more sense to exercise instead of sell, taxes wise, so I expect that’s what people did.
I'm going to be sending the tax man about three times my initial 2020 portfolio value. :eek: While 2020 was a horrible year in almost every respect, it pretty much rained money on TSLA investors. Almost all short term TSLA options gains for me in a taxable account, on which I'll be paying over 50% in taxes. Gotta love it!

I probably won't have to sell any TSLA shares though, because the money to pay taxes is mostly sitting in cash. And I'm seeing if I can make enough in options trades by April to cover the taxes that way. I'm about 20% of the way there.

Does he mean a 100% gain? :eek:

Same guy a few days ago:
JE Market Research @JE_Research
19 Jan This $TSLA run will end in tears. Remember that $AMZN, one of the most innovative companies in the world ran from $2 to $113 then fell back to $5. It took $AMZN 9 years to make a new high. This type of scenario is likely for $TSLA, but I see one more parabolic leg up first.

Does anyone follow him? Has he any proven track record?

So if TSLA goes instantly from a forward P/E of ~1700 to ~200 on Wednesday, what do we think is going to happen to the SP?

Same guy a few days ago:
JE Market Research @JE_Research
19 Jan This $TSLA run will end in tears. Remember that $AMZN, one of the most innovative companies in the world ran from $2 to $113 then fell back to $5. It took $AMZN 9 years to make a new high. This type of scenario is likely for $TSLA, but I see one more parabolic leg up first.

Does anyone follow him? Has he any proven track record?

That was the Dotcom Crash. Are we anticipating another crash of that magnitude this week?

So if TSLA goes instantly from a forward P/E of ~1700 to ~200 on Wednesday, what do we think is going to happen to the SP?

That was the Dotcom Crash. Are we anticipating another crash of that magnitude this week?

He seems to be projecting a runup to over 1000 and then a big correction. No clue if he has been right in the past or not. He follows Trendtrader so for many that would be a warning sign :), although he (TT) probably owns his own archipelago by now!

It's funny. Everyone wants the next amazon, or the next microsoft. The dot com crash, the financial crisis, and now Covid crash shows people exactly how to miss fantastic opportunities. People are less afraid of a .com crash than missing out on the next amazon. This is why buy the dip became popular. These new wave of investors has zero fear. In fact they chuckle at fear and then triple down, post loss pron and laughs about it.

It's funny. Everyone wants the next amazon, or the next microsoft. The dot com crash, the financial crisis, and now Covid crash shows people exactly how to miss fantastic opportunities. People are less afraid of a .com crash than missing out on the next amazon. This is why buy the dip became popular. These new wave of investors has zero fear. In fact they chuckle at fear and then triple down, post loss pron and laughs about it.
The thing is IMHO there has never been a more consequential company than Tesla. So hard to compare them to any other company.

Because most people want to put Tesla in the "car company" bucket...they will miss out.

The smart folks here are cleaning up as a result.

Their entire lives have been spent in a free money environment and they were in 9th grade for the 2008 crash. Their lack of fear today doesn't mean they won't crap their pants when the next crash happens.

Their entire lives have been spent in a free money environment and they were in 9th grade for the 2008 crash. Their lack of fear today doesn't mean they won't crap their pants when the next crash happens.
The crash happened, like 9 months ago. Old school guys sold out of fear (including warren). New younger investors tripled down. The stock market recovery time frame was unprecedented. I mean what it took 3 weeks to recover? Now everyday we get the "it's gonna crash any minute now" as these companies make all time highs week after week for the past half a year. This was anything but normal because people now are more informed..they are taking investing more into their own hands..and they are no longer listening to conventional norms because it's those norms that caused people to miss out on Amazon, apple, microsoft, etc etc. And I'm not talking about missing out buying the stocks. Many many people owned those names one time in their lives or another. But almost everyone was baited to sell due to conventional wisdom telling them it'll crash due to them being in a bubble because..high P/E or whatever nonsense. So the majority..like 99% of the investors missed out on gains vs the 1% who bought and held.