Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wall Street Journal - today: How Investors Are Trading November’s Election

Full Headline:

How Investors Are Trading November's Election; Traders are buying shares of green-energy companies and gauging the impact of possible corporate-tax increases as they prepare for a potential Biden win

Excerpt:

Components of the Democratic bucket include companies tied to renewable energy such as Sunrun Inc ., NextEra Energy Inc . and Tesla Inc . Mr. Biden has introduced a $2 trillion plan to fight climate change that includes energy-infrastructure investments and supporting the transition to electric vehicles.

Last edited:
I just don’t think it’s going to apply any more than the myriad of claims ‘you have to have a Chinese partner to do business in China’. Or the claims that it’ll take ‘YEARS!!!’ to build a factory in Germany because bureaucracy.

Well, the building plans in Germany is still not approved. I don't think anyone ever said it would be much difference in speed once they started building. As you have all seen northern Europe is pretty good at prefab.

Any smaller project not creating thousands of jobs would likely not have been allowed to even start building without the permits done. The politicians wouldn't have risked it. Because of huge number of potential jobs Tesla got the chance but even so I can't see any other company could have started because without a position like Elons at Tesla. No other CEO would have risked to lose hundreds of millions to restore everything if needed. Without 50% growth a year there wouldn't even be the need to.

Without Elon as a both one of the most powerful CEOs and by far largest owner being able to decide taking that risk the German site would still at best be flat ground. Another great foresight from Elon being able to recognize this.

I think there is close to zero risk Tesla will run into trouble with building before permits, possibly they'll be forced to a few small and cheap changes to make it look better for the government vs the environmentalists and nimbys.

But yeah, Tesla is 'gambling' a huge sum that could be needed for restoration of the land, never mind the loss of production, against the very slim risk of running into a building stop. It would be a disaster if that happened but I think the risk is like 1 in 1000 or something and worth taking. Apparently so did Elon and the board.

Well, the building plans in Germany is still not approved. I don't think anyone ever said it would be much difference in speed once they started building. As you have all seen northern Europe is pretty good at prefab.

Any smaller project not creating thousands of jobs would likely not have been allowed to even start building without the permits done. The politicians wouldn't have risked it. Because of huge number of potential jobs Tesla got the chance but even so I can't see any other company could have started because without a position like Elons at Tesla. No other CEO would have risked to lose hundreds of millions to restore everything if needed. Without 50% growth a year there wouldn't even be the need to.

Without Elon as a both one of the most powerful CEOs and by far largest owner being able to decide taking that risk the German site would still at best be flat ground. Another great foresight from Elon being able to recognize this.

I think there is close to zero risk Tesla will run into trouble with building before permits, possibly they'll be forced to a few small and cheap changes to make it look better for the government vs the environmentalists and nimbys.

But yeah, Tesla is 'gambling' a huge sum that could be needed for restoration of the land, never mind the loss of production, against the very slim risk of running into a building stop. It would be a disaster if that happened but I think the risk is like 1 in 1000 or something and worth taking. Apparently so did Elon and the board.

I cannot imagine the permits not happening, Germany would be the laughing-stock of Europe if that were to happen and I don't think they would like that.

TSLA usually carries a beta multiplier of 2-3 over the NASDAQ, meaning all else being the same TSLA moves 2-3x the NASDAQ.
Today, due to manipulation, we have risen <1x vs. the NASDAQ.

And this is on multiple pieces of good news. Analyst upgrade, S&P debt upgrade, FSD announced to release to limited beta next week.

Some crazy upside option action expiring this week
75A5D238-EB94-4677-B4B6-37931E28BE03.jpeg

Not sure whether it’s posted already, but since it only has 600 views now, I assume not yet:
Nothing new to us here, but TED has a very broad reach to thinkers around the globe, I hope this would bring even more attention to the future of TSLA.

The end of ICE is within sight, the question is no longer whether this will happen, but when, 10 years? 20 years? It depends on us, and the choices we make this decade.
So now is the time to go bigger and faster towards the future without tailpipe.

So happy that I happen to know a company whose doing things bigger and faster every day!

PS: just noticed the full stream of TED countdown event is available since yesterday, would well worth the 6 hours it take to watch!

Last edited:
Indeed, considering all the shenanigans we've done OK the last week, to keep climbing despite the manips and the low volume is really good, but the pressure feels stifling.

Maybe some whales are slowly hoovering up what they can, softly softly to avoid a big breakout.

I respectfully request you come up with a new word for manipulation than ‘manips’.

Every time I read that word I go down a different road that’s real hard to steer off.

Or people will put off buying new ones and keep old ones longer. Used prices might rise, increased spare part and servicing costs/income for a while, but eventually Cybertruck & others will be the shiny aspirational things. Buying second best will seem naff. Won't stop all sales of ICE - but it might knock a few % sales off, above and beyond pure EV sales.

You can Osborne yourself and Osborne others. My guess is that during the transition from horses to ICE, new horse-carriage sales dived a long time before cars were produced in overwhelming numbers. Writing was on the wall, getting a new carriage (now ICE) just looks dumb and doesn't cut it when "keeping up with the Jones'".
Interesting coincidence, I just heard on Australian morning TV news that used car prices are up 22% YoY (sunrise.com.au) here.

Since Tesla is greener than the Greens,
It’s a mute point.