Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's so weird - some people worried nothing of substance was announced, whereas I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum that what was announced was so much better than expected that I worry Tesla has Osborned a bunch of sales.

This slide was definitely the money shot:
summary-savings-jpg.591042

This is by far the most detailed, mature, and solid version of the master plan yet, wow. Amazing to think they can hit 10GWH in a freaking office park. I need to do a lot more research into their cathode/anode material plans, it seems incredibly ambitious. Plaid S!! Hope all my short puts get assigned lmao.
That's how to do it, small incremental improvements with a goal decreasing costs and improving output per investment dollar. The market will be salivating. The presentation was on point.
(see above slide added by thekiwi)

Phenomenal stuff for 2 years from now and for long term growth.... having literally nothing now, and not even Plaid till end of next year, is pretty trash for short term stock (and showing it in AH).

Good news is Q3 numbers only 10 days away

Also- nothing about PLL so no idea WTF is up there.
Didn't know PLL was Tesla's responsibility...

• Love
Reactions: Krugerrand
Phenomenal stuff for 2 years from now and for long term growth.... having literally nothing now, and not even Plaid till end of next year, is pretty trash for short term stock (and showing it in AH).

Good news is Q3 numbers only 10 days away

Also- nothing about PLL so no idea WTF is up there.

I think that was the reason for Elon's tweet yesterday. People were too close to speculating everything was dropping in October. Needed to set the expectations correctly.

There was so much speculation of PLL being acquired, they'd drop like a rock tomorrow with no acquisition announcement.

Reactions: GOVA and JRP3
This is what we waited from April to September for? Essentially, they've theorized some great improvements in the battery and manufacturing, but we won't see the fruits of it for 2 or 3 years (or maybe by 2030).

Absolutely NOTHING new today - no increased range, no refreshed S or X, did not show the Plaid. Briefed quickly over the Plaid specs. No compact, hatch back reveal.

Essentially, this was a nothing event. Absolutely NOTHING changes tomorrow, this month, or this year. And probably not even next year.

hahah, really?
with all the time you spend here you should have been able to at least pick up the importance of some of this stuff through osmosis, without much thought or analysis, at all.

your comments seem disingenuous at best

trying to convince us it was a nothingburger is an exercise in futility, i assure you

You're also demonstrating recency bias by basing your pre-judgements on Autonomy day, while totally ignoring the FACT that Elon (and the Board) are among the quickest learners in the world.

So I disagree. ;)

Cheers!

Unfortunately, looks like I was right. Just like Autonomy Day, Tesla has great tech and great future. Pretty far future in Mr. Market's eyes.

Stock down. So much for all the stock price Battery Day hype here.

Model S Performance Range: 348 miles
Model S Plaid Range: 520+ miles
This is what we waited from April to September for? Essentially, they've theorized some great improvements in the battery and manufacturing, but we won't see the fruits of it for 2 or 3 years (or maybe by 2030).

Absolutely NOTHING new today - no increased range, no refreshed S or X, did not show the Plaid. Briefed quickly over the Plaid specs. No compact, hatch back reveal.

Essentially, this was a nothing event. Absolutely NOTHING changes tomorrow, this month, or this year. And probably not even next year.

So you’ve were waiting for Redwood battery recycling and Maxwell super capacitor to have 0-60 0,9 second Plaid?

when it was pointed out PLL trading suspended with announcement today many speculated Tesla was buying them previous in the thread.

Heh- Elon also just kinda said "naah" on V2G- just get a powerwall.

LOT of folks got a lot wrong about today
And that's not Tesla's fault, that's my point.

It's weird, I'm both extremely excited and disappointed at the same time. Excited for all the obvious reasons, disappointed because Elon told us they would have a working product to show, which does not seem to be the case, with the DBE not really working yet comments, not mentioning energy density coming out of their pilot plant. Do they even have working batteries out of the pilot plant? Still very long on the stock, but I understand the after hours fall.

Cramer will be soooo disappointed, not single word about the million mile battery :eek:
CNBS: sell, sell, sell!

edit: my advice from earlier stands for longs:
If sell-the-news does come into play and we have a sizeable dip tomorrow, I have one advice to everyone:

B.t.F.D.