Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to make "exciting announcement on Thursday" (correction Tuesday)

What will Elon's "exciting announcement" be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it's the last week of Q1 and Musk announces that they're going to make a special announcement on the second to last day of the quarter?

And the stock goes up? :confused: If the quarter was good, why not wait until the quarterly conf call to make the announcement? This smells like the quarter wasn't so good, so he's injecting some good news into the cycle.

Tesla doesn't yet have good cash flow. They've already dipped into last Oct's secondary offering "insurance." At best, doesn't his sound like a secondary offering that Musk himself is going to buy, at around current market price?

So, it's the last week of Q1 and Musk announces that they're going to make a special announcement on the second to last day of the quarter?

And the stock goes up? :confused: If the quarter was good, why not wait until the quarterly conf call to make the announcement? This smells like the quarter wasn't so good, so he's injecting some good news into the cycle.

Tesla doesn't yet have good cash flow. They've already dipped into last Oct's secondary offering "insurance." At best, doesn't his sound like a secondary offering that Musk himself is going to buy, at around current market price?

I considered this, but I can't imagine that he'd be ok with the SEC if he hinted that he was doing a private sale of shares days before it happened. I doubt this announcement is directly related to the stock based on the timing.

- - - Updated - - -

What about something along these lines: http://www.4-traders.com/TESLA-MOTORS-INC-6344549/news/Tesla-Motors-Inc-Tesla-team-mulls-plan-to-boost-image-after-New-York-Times-review-16299855/

Ok here it is, he's going to announce that TESLIVE is a worldwide conference for Tesla Model S owners, and we will be able to use the SuperCharger network to drive to either coasts event location for FREE, the "putting his money where his mouth is" part is, he is funding the SuperCharger installations himself, to get them done in time, and not take cash flow out of Tesla Motors.

He was just talking on Twitter about the Gen 3 cars on Saturday I think. However, we've got to have Model X before Gen III. Hmmm - i dont qualify more superchargers as "really exciting".

Maybe he will buy a battery charging company to speed up the infrastructure? Chargepoint? Better Place is bankrupted.....could come cheap.

Ok here it is, he's going to announce that TESLIVE is a worldwide conference for Tesla Model S owners, and we will be able to use the SuperCharger network to drive to either coasts event location for FREE, the "putting his money where his mouth is" part is, he is funding the SuperCharger installations himself, to get them done in time, and not take cash flow out of Tesla Motors.

I'm also guessing that it has something to do with Superchargers and Elon using some of his personal wealth to fund expansion of the network. I doubt that this Twitter hint has anything to do with TSLA stock, as that might run afoul of SEC regulations.

Wow over 1600 messages and no vin number? (My vin 57xx). If no good news why not wait until your releasing bad news to moderate with good. Your suggestion makes no sense. I believe this forum is for those interested in car either owning it or looking at info to make decision to buy. Nonreservation holders non owners should not be allowed to post say past 50 posts. That would keep shorts off the board. I value alternative opinions but there are other places to read these. This is a club of tesla enthusiasts not a place for those who's only interest is tearing down company or car

I'm also guessing that it has something to do with Superchargers and Elon using some of his personal wealth to fund expansion of the network. I doubt that this Twitter hint has anything to do with TSLA stock, as that might run afoul of SEC regulations.

I think this theory fits his tweet well, and was also my guess. If true, it is both an excellent strategy and excellent news, IMO.

Note that 'major' is one thing, but he says 'v. major'. So whatever this is, I expcect it to be really big.