Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla tire replacement program voided?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you dont have Tesla Service center change your winter tires or tires in general does that mean that Tesla will no longer support you in their tire replacement program in the event of a flat?

Hearing different answers to this question.

Thanks

Owners still have to pay for a patch or a new tire even when all services are exclusively done by Tesla so I am not sure what "tire replacement program" means.
When you get a flat they will change it out for you at no cost with a full loaner tire within 2 hours usually working with local services. If the tire is fixable they will patch it(for cost I think not 100% sure on this). If not then you need to pay for a new tire this was my case, but the labor they paid for and they sent mobile and they took back the loaner. So overall great and fair program IMO (FYI this is in US dunno about ex US).

I;m referring mostly to the first part will they still do that if you go to a discount tire shop or do the change yourself and get a flat.

When you get a flat...

Tesla Roadside Service is available to all owners for free with warranty.

However, I don't think Tesla will touch parts that are not on Tesla list such as a customized non-Tesla 20" Wheel and tires that fit that size (Tesla sells 19" and 21", not 20").

So, you just have to make sure to buy tires that Tesla sells but instead of buying from Tesla, you can do it from a non-Tesla shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: cityberty