Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla steel grey colour with grey 21`wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent pictures -- thanks. The car looks great. I'll post more pictures after I take delivery next week.

I'm a bit bummed. Kind of stepped on a limb willing to let them force me to the new grey without seeing it. The design center online really does not do the grey on grey justice. Now that I see it, I really like it. Much more than the silver wheels. My DS says it is too late to change it.

I am actually very happy with the change. I ordered the "old" grey but was very happy with the change. I also got the grey 21" turbines. For me, I like the monochromatic look. But that is my taste. I guess I will know if I was right when I pick her up. I like the look because to me, it looks like a grey flannel suit...says a lot about me, huh...I am from Connecticut.

I am thinking about red gators for the wheels, which will liven things up a bit....and perhaps a few more discreet touches!

I'm a bit bummed. Kind of stepped on a limb willing to let them force me to the new grey without seeing it. The design center online really does not do the grey on grey justice. Now that I see it, I really like it. Much more than the silver wheels. My DS says it is too late to change it.

eRandall38, meet Skateboardgolf. Skateboardgolf, meet eRandall38.

My P85+ is here in 5 days, but the wheels, BLEAH!!!

Got mine today -

Very happy I opted for new grey over old.

Tesla.jpg
Tesla 2.jpg

Got mine today -

Very happy I opted for new grey over old.

View attachment 59951View attachment 59952

Looks very, very good man. Congrats to you. I am really bummed I have the silver instead. Just a personal preference for everyone, but my preference are these grey wheels now. Wow. Luck you. Is this costa mesa? If so, the photos I posted above are probably your car. Too few grey on greys out there so a possibility.

Thank you very much for the crisp photos of my choosen color/wheel combo :smile:. Our 85 are scheduled late November in Bergen Norway.... Can't wait to get rid of our last ICE; then only electric for our family! Anyway, the color looks great, and the gray 21 inch wheels do give the final "super car" look for the MS.

erandall - Now that some of these high res, better lit pictures have come on scene in the past few days due to deliveries, I am with you. It does look really good. I think I am going to have to eat my words.

A miracle was done for me... excuse my goofy picture, but fiancé was adamant about getting photos of me on my special day. So these are the only photos I have. Will likely take some more today in the sunlight. I was too buy driving yesterday! The grey on grey looks amazing!

350vyol.jpg

A miracle was done for me... excuse my goofy picture, but fiancé was adamant about getting photos of me on my special day. So these are the only photos I have. Will likely take some more today in the sunlight. I was too buy driving yesterday! The grey on grey looks amazing!

350vyol.jpg

AWESOME! Glad you got the late change made. I asked for it last night since I had not entered production.

Last edited:
Congrats eRandall it finally came! Looks great... you have good taste! One question... were you lucky enough to get the Driver Assistance items (new camera and sonar bumper sensor)?

What are all the specs you ended up with?

Thank you, really happy with the look.

I did get the new Driver Assistance items. They would not go over the details with me as they have "not been officially released". But they pointed me towards the setting screen for what is available at the moment.

85 kWh
21" grey wheels
Obeche matte
Tan Leather
Pano
Tech Package
Parking Sensors
Prem. Interior Lighting

Few side notes. The Tan interior came out a lot better than I expected. I really, really love it. Especially with that Obeche MATTE to compliment it.
Premium Int. Lighting is cooler than I expected... but still not worth 1k.

I was sure that the new Grey with Silver wheels was the way to go until I saw these pictures.
Now I would choose the Grey with Grey especially with tinted windows.
Not sure why, but dark tinted windows really compliment the Grey paint with Grey wheels.

I was sure that the new Grey with Silver wheels was the way to go until I saw these pictures.
Now I would choose the Grey with Grey especially with tinted windows.
Not sure why, but dark tinted windows really compliment the Grey paint with Grey wheels.

Vitaman, the combo is the best I think. And full tint all the way. My gray - gray is up for delivery in Norway November 21st. Cant wait. To bad it is soon winter here; need to put on the 19" Winter tires straigth up.... At least I will put on the 15% tint from B-column and around back :) Going legal I Guess, or maybe 35% 1.row glass....