Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service and Front Aeroshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have to vent and I can't make this crap up. My paper aeroshield ripped when it rained here in south florida I guess in 2021. Tesla charged me for it even though I showed them threads on here and elsewhere where it was getting replaced under warranty. Probably 6 months later or something I kept fighting them on it and after showing them more and more proof that people were getting theirs replaced under warranty they gave me a credit which I ended up using to convert to USB C parts. Anyway, said paper aeroshield ripped yet again around august 2022 when it rained here, I knew exactly when it ripped because its whenever we have puddles that it tears. I contacted them and asked if they could put on the plastic one from the model Y otherwise I would just buy a metal one. Manager says the new cars are slightly longer??? but they would try and then decides it will work after talking to the service guys. Sends out a guy from mobile service with the plastic shield to put it on and they come unprepared because my car is lowered (The service manager was well aware that my car was lowered, even tried to use that as an excuse for the paper shield ripping) Service guy leaves the plastic shield and says take it to the service center for them to install it which I did around Dec 2022. I get the car back, ask any problems installing it and they said no. So now about a week ago I hear a noise under the car and went to look, a screw driver of all things bounced under the car that someone left on the road. I look under the car and see that there is yet another paper shield on the car. I literally brought the plastic shield to the service center with me that the mobile guy left with me and they told me they put it on. Anyway on top of it the nuts on the back part of the shield were both loose. Like so loose they both were about to come off and I took them both off with my fingers. So I contacted Tesla and told them this and they literally sent me an estimate for 258 dollars or some nonsense. I would obviously just by the metal shield which I probably will do, but damn does Tesla deal with anything? My wind noise is back too that they "Fixed" but unlike every other dealer, warranty over so Tesla just forgets that they didn't do the job correctly.

So I just brought it in and surprise surprise the idiots at the service center replaced the wrong aero shield the last time. Literally replaced the back one that had no issue and left the torn front one. And Tesla stance is too bad. It’s just stupefying