Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sales Lie

Have you been lied to by Tesla employees?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Who had Tesla sales lie to them?

I bought the vehicle below with enhanced autopilot. Now corporate are refusing to give me it or FSD. I got basic autopilot and have to pay full price for FSD of $7k.

They promised me gifted upgrade. Ok not getting that, but at LEAST give me the possibility to upgrade from EAD that I paid for (or give me EAD).

Frustrated and wondering how many other broken premises out there.

Attachments

• F4E09B2B-B542-4DBD-830C-9F9560BD7B92.png
    F4E09B2B-B542-4DBD-830C-9F9560BD7B92.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 144
I’ve lost track of what was/wasn’t included in the EAP definition by date. What specifically do you think you were promised that is not the case. Your spec sheet show EAP. That’s not FSD, never was.

Second, most people considering a Tesla do research, including reading the forums. A cursory review reveals gaps between what Tesla Sales knows and what the community knows. Heck, I don’t trust traditional car dealerships. I research any car before I buy it.

How do you know you don't have EAP?

Which version firmware do you have?

Does NoA work?

Do automatic lane changes work?

If those work then you have Enhanced Autopilot on the car itself, and customer service is just being stupid about not knowing what you have or the cost from it to FSD.

If those don't work then I'd work that angle to get that straightened out because your order summary clearly shows you have enhanced autopilot.

Reactions: diamond.g
NoA and auto lane change are features of FSD. It is shown on order page.

EAP, or the now included autopilot essentially had TAAC to auto steering and keep vehicle in lane.

So key point is what feature he got? If he got TAAC, that is align.

How do you know you don't have EAP?

Which version firmware do you have?

Does NoA work?

Do automatic lane changes work?

If those work then you have Enhanced Autopilot on the car itself, and customer service is just being stupid about not knowing what you have or the cost from it to FSD.

If those don't work then I'd work that angle to get that straightened out because your order summary clearly shows you have enhanced autopilot.

NoA and auto lane change are features of FSD. It is shown on order page.

EAP, or the now included autopilot essentially had TAAC to auto steering and keep vehicle in lane.

So key point is what feature he got? If he got TAAC, that is align.

NoA, and Auto lane change are part of EAP. It was shown on the order page for EAP before EAP was no longer sold.

The fact that it's no longer sold doesn't mean NoA, and Autolane change are removed from it.

It simply means that Tesla has to support different levels of Autopilot with different features.

It's also why the price upgrade from EAP to FSD should be cheaper than the price upgrade from AP to FSD.

AP doesn't included NoA, Auto Lane Change or Enhanced Summons
EAP includes NoA, Auto Lane Change, Enhanced Summons, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Hi,

I bought the vehicle below with enhanced autopilot. Now corporate are refusing to give me it or FSD. I got basic autopilot and have to pay full price for FSD of $7k.

They promised me gifted upgrade. Ok not getting that, but at LEAST give me the possibility to upgrade from EAD that I paid for (or give me EAD).

The pictured car shows a VIN for a 2018 model.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/f4e09b2b-b542-4dbd-830c-9f9560bd7b92-png.398239/

Basic AP did not exist at that time so all cars with autopilot had EAP. The cost of FSD on those cars is $7k if you don't preorder it with FSD. I think if you buy an inventory vehicle that wasn't built with FSD then you have to pay the upgrade price. If you want the new price for FSD then you would have to order a new car or find an inventory vehicle that has it already.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/f4e09b2b-b542-4dbd-830c-9f9560bd7b92-png.398239/

Basic AP did not exist at that time so all cars with autopilot had EAP. The cost of FSD on those cars is $7k if you don't preorder it with FSD. I think if you buy an inventory vehicle that wasn't built with FSD then you have to pay the upgrade price. If you want the new price for FSD then you would have to order a new car or find an inventory vehicle that has it already.

Where are you getting the $7K figure from for upgrading from EAP to FSD?

Last I saw it was $3K.

It is supposedly going to go up price in May.

Hi,

So are you saying that your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement lists "Enhanced Autopilot", but your tesla.com account doesn't show EAP? If so, you need to get this escalated. Which resources have you contacted, and how?

Oops, I got the price wrong there. $7k should be the price if you had basic AP, but that car (being a 2018) should have EAP and the price should be less.

Hi,

I agree and is currently in the same boat. When I purchased my M3 in October and got delivery in December I was told to either pay $7k after delivery or $5k before delivery for all updates going forward for full autonomous driving updates coming in the near future... and now I’m being told to pay $6k to upgrade to FSD...

Car was delivered with Autopilot enabled, Monroney lists basic Autopilot, delivery advisor told me my vehicle came with Autopilot enabled, support confirmed that I should have had Autopilot because it was on the Monroney sticker.

FSD trial ends early due to software, no Autopilot features. Support tells me they don’t know why I was told I would have Autopilot, and apologizes. They also argue the Monroney I have citing an updated version that they have (which I never received).

I never paid for Autopilot and agree that I never should have gotten it for free. But when it was only 3k in my account I would have bought it had I not been told I didn’t have to. Now it’s up to 4K and possibly going up to 5.5k. And the only way to get it at the 3k price is when the FSD trial gets reinstated with the next software update.