Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadside Assistance Win... Tow Operator Fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While on a California road trip from AZ, woke up to find our 2021 MY Standard RWD completely unresponsive. Tesla roadside assistance towed us to the Long Beach Service Center within an hour where a new 12v battery fixed it (all free under warranty).

But unfortunately the tow operator was a brute... he couldn't set car to transport/maint mode causing locked tires to squeal across pavement while forcefully winching it onto truck. Worse, his careless prying of tow hook cover took a few chunks out of our bumper.

Mentioned this to Tesla Service center who, with great empathy, gave us name and contact of tow operator (Armstrong Towing) and explained that Tesla roadside asst. terms and conditions make it the owner's responsibility to tell the tow operator how to properly tow a Tesla and disclaim any damage caused by a tow operator who doesn't follow the instructions for transport in the Tesla owners manual.

1. What do you think? Is it worth it to follow up with tow company about bumper damage (pic below)? Really minimal, but I don't think it will "buff out"...

2. In hindsight, I wish I would have removed tow hook cover myself before roadside asst. arrived, and then coached tow operator more assertively about setting transport/maint mode.

View attachment 953217

Attachments

• IMG_5890.jpg
    IMG_5890.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 104