Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Road Trip - Save the date - November 5, 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh.

Tesla just confirmed that there is no longer any way to turn off the DRL/signature lights on a facelift S or X while the car is on. There may be a way to do it by pulling a fuse, but for now everyone should plan on bringing dark towels or cardboard and tape if you plan to watch the movie while sitting inside your facelift S or X.

Hey, old cars are good for something!

A

Hrm, guess I'll bring my car cover and just drape it over the front.

As an aside, anyone coming from up north? Finally looking at the route I'll be taking in my 60D. Think I'm going to 100% charge at Newark, then go to Strasburg for another full charge, then on to the Vineyard. Newark to Strasburg looks to be 175 miles and I have 219 rated, so should be fine if I'm not too speedy :)

Sigh.

Tesla just confirmed that there is no longer any way to turn off the DRL/signature lights on a facelift S or X while the car is on. There may be a way to do it by pulling a fuse, but for now everyone should plan on bringing dark towels or cardboard and tape if you plan to watch the movie while sitting inside your facelift S or X.

Hey, old cars are good for something!

A
That's what I figured. last night I put some velcro strips (hook side) just above the lamps under the frunk hood that can attach to some black microfiber towels I got from amazon just for the occasion.

As for the $20 Park admission fee, it can be a $10/car LIFETIME pass if you or a passenger is 62 or over. The lifetime pass can be purchased from any National Forest Ranger Station.

Is there anyone staying at Fairfield Inn, Strasburg for Friday night (tomorrow night)?

Last edited:
Great. I've got a ton of driving to do on Friday so I'm not quite sure what my SOC will be starting Saturday morning. We'll probably aim to be at the Woodbridge SC by 7:30 a.m. to ensure we can get a full charge and have time for breakfast at silver diner and be ready for departure at 9

TF -- my plans changed a little bit, and I won't be staying in Woodbridge, so I can't meet you Sat AM for breakfast. Sorry!

@andrewket Do you happen to know if all our destinations take credit cards and/or Android pay? I rarely carry cash and will need to grab some, would be helpful to know. Cheers!

To anyone else reading, if you're coming from anywhere northeast of DuCard, I will be starting my Journey down Saturday morning between 5 and 6am from Philly (to give extra time).

I'll be at Newark around 5:30am
Then I'll hit Laurel
Then Ducard, possibly somewhat early if the trip goes well. I'm travelling in a Blue 60D with "thefutur" PA plate in back. See you all there, or potentially on the way!

-Ryan