Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Road Trip - Save the date - November 5, 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're six days away! I'm excited!

As of a few moments ago, we have 57 people and 32 cars registered, representing 9 states, plus D.C. and Canada.

If you have not yet registered and have a better then 80% chance of being able to join us, please help us by registering as soon as possible. The vineyard in particular needs our headcount for food preparation.

TeslaRoadTrip.org | Traveling the country in your Tesla Vehicle

Later this week we will be sending out final details, including step by step instructions for the drive-in on how to configure your Tesla to stay powered on with the headlights off.

I keep running into other Tesla owners who are not aware of the event. We just think everyone is on the forums :). Please feel free to an extend an invite to anyone you meet at the SCs or SuCs.

Andrew

Reactions: MMC-
We're six days away! I'm excited!

Later this week we will be sending out final details, including step by step instructions for the drive-in on how to configure your Tesla to stay powered on with the headlights off.

Andrew

Great.. I still can't seem to figure out on my refresh S how to configure so that DRL's (aka signature lights) will stay off. I know range mode shuts them off until you place in park then they come back on no mater what I do.

Does anyone know if the DuCard Vineyard is dog friendly...can we bring our little pup?

I will check.

@andrewket, when I registered, I wasn't completely sure of the headcount in my car. I can confirm now that my vehicle will have four people. FYI that my sister is flying in from Minnesota Friday night so that might add one more state to your list.

Don

Thanks for the update! If we are sneaky, we can add Minnesota to our list :)

Great.. I still can't seem to figure out on my refresh S how to configure so that DRL's (aka signature lights) will stay off. I know range mode shuts them off until you place in park then they come back on no mater what I do.

Car in neutral
Parking brake on
DRLs off

Except for our Canadians - they need to bring towels or something else to cover them up!

Car in neutral
Parking brake on
DRLs off

Except for our Canadians - they need to bring towels or something else to cover them up!

Does not work on a refresh, or at least mine.
Refresh Model S units do not have a DRL "button". See pix..

Guess I'll be bringing some black towels or something. :)

Attachments

• 20161031_222116.jpg
    20161031_222116.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 53
Without doing the research, does anyone know off the top of their heads a hotel south of the drive-in with a charging station? It will be too far for us to return home after the movies so thinking about a hotel on the way towards Lynchburg.....any suggestions?

Hey everyone. A few updates-

1. The second film on screen 2 will be The Light Between Oceans (PG13) at approximately 9pm.
2. Access to the theater for the public is now opening at 5:30p, so we've moved up the s'mores to 5pm to give us 30 minutes.
3. Trolls on screen 1 is starting at 6:30pm - this is the second option for those that are bringing young children. The primary movie is still Doctor Strange at 7pm on screen 2.

Thanks,
Andrew

Reactions: CatB
Does not work on a refresh, or at least mine.
Refresh Model S units do not have a DRL "button". See pix..

Guess I'll be bringing some black towels or something. :)

I'll test this tonight on our X, but I believe if you change the steps to be:

1. Car in neutral
2. Parking brake on
3. Turn range mode on
4. Turn headlights off

It should work.

Great. I've got a ton of driving to do on Friday so I'm not quite sure what my SOC will be starting Saturday morning. We'll probably aim to be at the Woodbridge SC by 7:30 a.m. to ensure we can get a full charge and have time for breakfast at silver diner and be ready for departure at 9