Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree entirely ... well said ... :) I found out about 3 weeks before that I had 4 and ended up with 14 .... had fun answering questions and helping people make the decision ... and Tesla sold a lot of cars .... yesterday's press conference sent the stock back up ....:)
I was one of the buyers that spiked your total up at the last minute. I wanted the $2k from a VA link. Plus the little lady is from VA so I thought it was fitting to go with a VA referral. What did you get for 14 referrals?

I was one of the buyers that spiked your total up at the last minute. I wanted the $2k from a VA link. Plus the little lady is from VA so I thought it was fitting to go with a VA referral. What did you get for 14 referrals?

Great ... I got those few last minute referrals and didn't know who ... you don't get anything over 10 with the previous referral program unless you were the big dog top of the heap guy .... but having a few extra's over 10 was good in case someone didn't follow through .... I know you'll enjoy the car ... took a client out yesterday and now he's looking for a way out of his business Audi lease ... :) Now the question is .. who's car is it .... :) .... you may need to order another one for the little lady ... :) ... enjoy!!!!

Man am I bad at this advertising thing.

Was loading my daughter into the car and someone comes out and asks if I want to trade, we both laugh. He starts asking me questions about range, charging, acceleration, how I like the car, etc.

I gladly answered all his questions, he tells me the reason he's asking is that he's thinking of buying one. I told him he'd love it and we parted our ways.

I get home, tell my wife, she asks me if I gave him the referral code? I laughed and said I didn't even think of it

Was loading my daughter into the car and someone comes out and asks if I want to trade, we both laugh. He starts asking me questions about range, charging, acceleration, how I like the car, etc.

I gladly answered all his questions, he tells me the reason he's asking is that he's thinking of buying one. I told him he'd love it and we parted our ways.

I get home, tell my wife, she asks me if I gave him the referral code? I laughed and said I didn't even think of it
My wife says I should get a commission for all the EVs I've sold but so far I haven't seen a dime for all my sales!

My son is wanting to help get referrals and his suggestion was to sit outside the Tesla Store at the mall and hand out flyers. That probably wouldn't work, but maybe you should have passed that guy your code. Kinda awkward in that situation.

My son is wanting to help get referrals and his suggestion was to sit outside the Tesla Store at the mall and hand out flyers. That probably wouldn't work, but maybe you should have passed that guy your code. Kinda awkward in that situation.

Most malls have rules against this. You can't solicit etc without permission.

Good news is that your son is thinking creatively. Bad news is that he probably didn't know that standing outside the store & doing nothing more than giving referrals to people who were heading in to buy anyway probably doesn't meet the 'good faith' part of the program.

If it was okay, you'd see crowds of owners at every store, waiving their referral codes in the air. :)

Good news is that your son is thinking creatively. Bad news is that he probably didn't know that standing outside the store & doing nothing more than giving referrals to people who were heading in to buy anyway probably doesn't meet the 'good faith' part of the program.

If it was okay, you'd see crowds of owners at every store, waiving their referral codes in the air. :)

True dat. The only thing worse would be listing a referral code on Craigslist, "selling" codes on eBay, and other such LazyPhishing nefariocities...

Please note that we may withhold credits, discounts or other awards where we believe customers are acting in bad faith or otherwise acting contrary to the intent of this program. To be clear, commercializing or otherwise selling referral codes is not appropriate, and we will not honor such codes. We cannot cover every nefarious scenario, nor will we attempt to, but we do promise to be fair and reasonable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.