Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this in my email tonight:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for helping to grow the Tesla community through the Referral Program. A drawing will be held on July 31 to determine the winner of the P90D Model X, and we will email instructions to all program award winners.

We’re excited to extend the program until October 15, 2016. This time, our program awards include an invitation for two to our next product unveiling event, a set of 21” custom Arachnid wheels, and exclusive merchandise. Check out the full details of the program here.

As always, just share your personal code with your friends, family, or anyone else. They can use the code to get a $1,000 credit towards a new Model S or Model X.

Your personal code: blah blah blah blah blah

Thanks for your support in building the Tesla community.

Troy Jones
Director, United States - Central

Was hoping my measly 2 referrals would pass over, but they don't.
Referral Program

Cynically, I think Tesla bought a bunch of these rims and they didn't sell. They repackaged that dog food as an exclusive benefit. Agree?

The Arachnids are actually QUITE nice. They are forged, they look better than turbines, they are stronger and lighter than 19's even.
But they never were on sale, they always showed "backordered". Maybe Tesla has a limited inventory of them.

All that said, if I was given a choice, I'd pick cash over the wheels. But I'm happy to get the wheels too, if I win them :)

Tesla announces the prizes for its current referral program: Model X P90D and invites to ‘Tesla’s next unveiling event’

One of the prizes for the newest referral program is tickets to Tesla's next unveiling.
10 Qualifying Referrals Owners who make 10 qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for two to attend our next Tesla unveiling event.

Now, it doesn't specify what sort of unveiling, but the date the referral program is active is from July 18th through October 15th. Maybe we can infer when the next unveiling will occur from this info (we know it most likely won't be before October, but possibly shortly afterwards)? And maybe this mystery unveiling will be Reveal Part 2?

Onward with the speculations!!

No speculation necessary. "next Tesla unveiling event" could be absolutely anything. There's clearly not enough info to even start guessing when it will be or what it will be for. It's really just a place-holder or brass ring to give people some excitement to grab for in the referral program because they couldn't think of anything else to put in there at the last minute.

Reactions: Tiberius
No, that is the case. If you had two referrals, you still have two referrals, and won the bag award. The referral counts are not being reset. This is an extension of the previous program, not a new one. Upon your next referral, you'll get the jacket. Then on the 5th (3 more for you), you'll get the wheels.
Well, that'd be great. From what I read, their language made it sound like it's a fresh starting program, with no mention of past referral carry over. Unless ..."extend the program"... denotes that.

Kinda disappointing. What does one do with two sets of extra rims? They should offer $5k in store credit or something for hitting 10 referrals. Cynically, I think Tesla bought a bunch of these rims and they didn't sell. They repackaged that dog food as an exclusive benefit. Agree?

The Arachnids are actually QUITE nice. They are forged, they look better than turbines, they are stronger and lighter than 19's even. But they never were on sale, they always showed "backordered". Maybe Tesla has a limited inventory of them. All that said, if I was given a choice, I'd pick cash over the wheels. But I'm happy to get the wheels too, if I win them :)

I think you are both right.
The Arachnids are really nice light/strong forged rims that were very expensive new ... $7,600 :rolleyes:
Tesla probably decided to use them as a prize due to the low sales rate ... sounds like a win/win to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.