Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which, anyone get the red Powerwall 2’s installed it sheduled recently? Any word on whether USA owners will still be offered a $5500 Tesla credit?

They have surveyed my house and sent a proposal that I signed. I was told yesterday that the power company had some additional requirements that are delaying things, but my install should be soon.

Just had another referral stolen by a Tesla Sales associate. My referral definitely gave them my code, but the SA silently replaced it with some other code and didn't tell the buyer. Now once the inventory car was delivered, they're refusing to change it. This is the third time this has happened to me. I'm thinking of tweeting Elon Musk about it. The sales people shouldn't be substituting their own (or friend's codes) for real referrals.

Just had another referral stolen by a Tesla Sales associate. My referral definitely gave them my code, but the SA silently replaced it with some other code and didn't tell the buyer. Now once the inventory car was delivered, they're refusing to change it. This is the third time this has happened to me. I'm thinking of tweeting Elon Musk about it. The sales people shouldn't be substituting their own (or friend's codes) for real referrals.

That is just wrong !!!

Hate to break it to you but I’m betting owners are bribing OAs to use their codes. At $1000 per referral swap, it’s $50k for a new $250k Roadster!! No brainer! And you can deduct that $50k spent against the taxable value of the Roadster!! All people getting those cars should be investigated re source of referrals. If their code was put up on a Google search ad or used in suspicious practices, they should be invalidated.

I always tell referrals to order ONLINE and NOT through a salesman. The salesman will STILL get credit if the same email and number is used.

The only way these owners could deduct the $50k payments would be to send each OA a 1099 at the end of the year.. and the OAs would then have to pay tax on it. I'm not sure any OAs would want a paper trail of these fraudulent activities that could get them fired.

I'm sure what you say happens, but I'm sure it's the rare exception. It's a pretty big risk for the OA if they get caught.

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
And me. I missed Arachnids because of a thieving SA.

Those crooks should all be reported. It's ridiculous. And @HankLloydRight I was (sorta) kidding re deductibility :) I'm sure those who do this pay them off in cash so there's no paper trail at all. That said, it could be a very lucrative side hustle for a desperate OA!

Additionally, there have been numerous people on TMC who, mistakenly believing that I'm a prospective owner, have sent me private messages offering me up to $1000 cash to use their referral code. If I am receiving those messages, imagine how many others are receiving them as well. I got one of their referral codes and then reported them to Tesla along with a screenshot of the TMC email exchange! Disgusting.

Reactions: Don TLR

I would be right down at that SC raising hell about that if it were me. I would also be all over social media as well, but after I raised hell at the SC. I would also confront the SA directly myself as well. I am pissed just reading about this, cannot imagine how you feel.

Hey everybody! Long time lurker but I’ve never posted anything because I’m just now jumping in! I’m looking to buy a Model S 75D in a few days and was wanting to make sombodies day by using their referral code.

I’d like it if I can still get the $500 service credit. Also I’d prefer it be somebody in the metroplex in case I ever run into y’all!

Hopefully asking for a code isn’t against the TOS. I checked but I couldn’t find anything...

Maybe it will come with new features such as wifi connectivity and metering? That's just wild speculation but could explain the delay and would help track usage by each car.

That was my speculation as well back on #6204. I think Tesla will bring WiFi and power monitoring like juicebox integration. Also a software connection to powerwalls. It can't take 7 months to make a new cover.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Status
Not open for further replies.