Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for posting this photo, since this is the colour that I ordered and I have seen many different colours in the various photos. It is interesting that you observe the same variation in person.
Nappe, congratulations. Another MS in Calgary - this is great!

@Footbag - that video was awesome. Amazing stuff these drones.

New blue... nice. I like the Titanium colour too. Obsidian (metallic) black would be my choice as the flat black looks amazing when clean but lacks "bling" in the sun. :)

@gpetti - Yes, we had a pretty easy drive home but I heard from my assistant (who went hiking Sunday and was at the Iron Goat a few hours after us!) that there were several accidents on the highway coming back. Glad you made it back unscathed.

Nice, original too!
Where did you get it registered? Did they ask you about the car?
AMA in Shawnessy, they had trouble entering the VIN and had to override it in the registry system. The registry girl missed that it was an EV, but the girl on the insurance desk new all about it.

Congrat... Love the lic plate.
My car still show in Transit and Randy hasn't contacted me at all. This means you will be receiving your TESLA shortly.

Ours still shows in transit, we were told it should be here sometime the week of the 23rd, but haven't received a confirmation from Randy yet. I figured this way at least as soon as it does arrive, we can get to the driving part right away.

I work at AMA. Glad to see that our employee actually knew what a Tesla was. I intend on recommending that Tesla Superchargers be located at AMA locations throughout Alberta. I think that would be a great idea. If your ever going to be near Calgary Main at 4700 17th Ave SW, please shoot me a text on here the night before. I would love to see my first Tesla. I am a new investor hoping to be able to afford one some day on the horizon :biggrin:

AMA in Shawnessy, they had trouble entering the VIN and had to override it in the registry system. The registry girl missed that it was an EV, but the girl on the insurance desk new all about it.

When I registered my car, the agent had an issue finding it in the system because it was listed under "sports car" instead of "sedan" - guess the registration system thinks that the roadster is the only Tesla model, just wait until the X :rolleyes:

Oh, and of course it's registered as "gas" powered since there still isn't an "other" option.

I work at AMA. Glad to see that our employee actually knew what a Tesla was. I intend on recommending that Tesla Superchargers be located at AMA locations throughout Alberta. I think that would be a great idea. If your ever going to be near Calgary Main at 4700 17th Ave SW, please shoot me a text on here the night before. I would love to see my first Tesla. I am a new investor hoping to be able to afford one some day on the horizon :biggrin:
Happy to do that, and I think it's a great idea for AMA to host superchargers! You could also host L2 chargers for other EV's (we have a Leaf as well). Reach out to Sun Country Highway on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

When I registered my car, the agent had an issue finding it in the system because it was listed under "sports car" instead of "sedan" - guess the registration system thinks that the roadster is the only Tesla model, just wait until the X :rolleyes:

Oh, and of course it's registered as "gas" powered since there still isn't an "other" option.
I had to check our registration, and fuel type is "Electric". So something in the registry system was updated or changed.

HI,
I'm wondering if it was you that registered my Tesla "Amped"? I could probably bring my car by sometime when I'm headed down 17th Avenue (I work a bit further down 17th). Friday is usually pretty flexible.
Interesting handle: are you an Arsenal supporter? My father grew up in Highbury so I was automatically an Arsenal fan - not that I really follow them now.

HI,
I'm wondering if it was you that registered my Tesla "Amped"? I could probably bring my car by sometime when I'm headed down 17th Avenue (I work a bit further down 17th). Friday is usually pretty flexible.
Interesting handle: are you an Arsenal supporter? My father grew up in Highbury so I was automatically an Arsenal fan - not that I really follow them now.

Unfortunately, it was not myself who registered your EV. I am actually in claims, so we will keep our interactions pleasure and not business :) Thanks for your post. Yes, I am an Arsenal fan, but I have not been following them as much as I used to. Went to see them at Wembley back in 99. I put about 40,000 business km on my ICE every year, so there is a high likelyhood I will see you/your plate on the road this spring. I will flash you the peace sign and you will know it is me :)

Unfortunately, it was not myself who registered your EV. I am actually in claims, so we will keep our interactions pleasure and not business :) Thanks for your post. Yes, I am an Arsenal fan, but I have not been following them as much as I used to. Went to see them at Wembley back in 99. I put about 40,000 business km on my ICE every year, so there is a high likelyhood I will see you/your plate on the road this spring. I will flash you the peace sign and you will know it is me :)
Wow,that means there are at least 2 Tesla fans at your AMA. The person who served me was a blond woman (don't suppose that narrows it down much) and had apparently had a tour of the Tesla factory so she was pretty excited when she got to register her first Tesla. I didn't have the car at the time so I couldn't show her. No doubt she would be interested in seeing one if someone brings a car by. I could stop by tomorrow morning as I normally do some work from home and then drive down 17th mid morning.

The Tesla website shows a charger planned for Calgary some time this year.

I emailed TESLA today and my TESLA has arrived in Vancouver, They will be preparing for delivery and arrival in Cowtown Thursday or Friday next week.. I really don;t know how much sleep i'm going to get the day before the delivery.

Any advice.

This is great news.
I will be getting my Car wrapped as well. Same place as Gpetti got his done. They are imo the best place in town for ca wrapping (Xpel).

Cheers

Wow,that means there are at least 2 Tesla fans at your AMA. The person who served me was a blond woman (don't suppose that narrows it down much) and had apparently had a tour of the Tesla factory so she was pretty excited when she got to register her first Tesla. I didn't have the car at the time so I couldn't show her. No doubt she would be interested in seeing one if someone brings a car by. I could stop by tomorrow morning as I normally do some work from home and then drive down 17th mid morning.

Appreciate the offer gpetti. Unfortunately, I am in court tomorrow am. I will keep an eye on the forum and next time you boys have a get together out in Canmore or somewhere I will stop by and say hello. All the best!

Appreciate the offer gpetti. Unfortunately, I am in court tomorrow am. I will keep an eye on the forum and next time you boys have a get together out in Canmore or somewhere I will stop by and say hello. All the best!
Np. It was just a spontaneous idea. We have had some get-togethers in Calgary so maybe you can join the next one of those.

we have also been talking about doing one in red deer too. Not as nice as Canmore though.