Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM Winter Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed mine as well. The material was what I expected (WeatherTech has its pluses and minuses, I agree that it is pretty hard material, but I do like the look overall). I have the exact same issue with fit along the driver's side door edge and had the same thought about a potential fix (heat gun / hair dryer). Would love to hear if you try it and if it works.

Those whos mats fit nicely do you have the newer upgraded seat mounts as in Nov or later builds? It seems like the issue is the rear part is too tight against the seat mount causing the mat to open up on the side. The newer angled seat mounts would not have this issue or at least I do not think they should.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Just to add to my initial comment. The mats up front are well designed to contain a bucket of water so no issue there. If you have kids that track in lots of snow in the rear then not so good as the forward part of the rear liner has no real lip on them so applying the brakes or parking on a down hill would cause any water in there to flow under the seats. My kids are grown and gone, the rear seats never really get used so no issue for us. Not very well thought out in this area. :oops:

Those whos mats fit nicely do you have the newer upgraded seat mounts as in Nov or later builds? It seems like the issue is the rear part is too tight against the seat mount causing the mat to open up on the side. The newer angled seat mounts would not have this issue or at least I do not think they should.

To keep me honest, took a picture and I do have a tighter fit on the Tesla all weather mats on the driver side. You can see it pushing up against the seat mount area.

It wasn't bad, but I definitely see driver side not being a perfect fit. June 2020 Model Y LR

Attachments

• PXL_20201223_222210220~2.jpg
    PXL_20201223_222210220~2.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 74