Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Now? Maybe.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading some of the replies above, I wanted to add something else.

My my dad passed away in 1994 when I was 16. He was the one that taught me to drive and my last day with him was getting my license. He was also the one person I connected with as far as tech, electronics and computers. Every time something new comes out that blows my mind, I think of him and how far we've come since then. He'd be just as blown away by our advancements and even though he wasn't a car guy, Tesla would amaze him. Right now it might be more hurt, but later you will cherish everything that reminds you of her.

What a sad yet wonderful joyous thread this is! I lost my dad almost 30 years ago but he was my mentor and so important in my life. He also was a technology genius and car guy, plus a music, art and spirituality lover. We had such great talks! My point: when I first heard about Tesla I had conversations in my mind with him. These continued thru ordering, waiting, delivery and driving today. I think fondly of him most especially when I'm driving by myself, just the sheer enjoyment of being in such a world changing machine. I can feel how much he loves being with me and sharing that.

I join everyone else here in offering you condolences and hope you will, when the time is right for you, share your solo Tesla drives with your wife's spirit knowing you are together for a while spiritually.

Thanks everyone, for all the thoughtful and supportive replies.

As many of you suggested, I'll be waiting a few months before I decide to order or not. I'll have to wait a few months anyway, as I need to sort out all the financial stuff.

A couple things I do know if and when I order - First, the car will be red. She loved red cars. Second, the vanity license plate I'll order will say simply "PRU". That was a nickname many in her family used for her.