Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla no internet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When launching the Tesla app on my Android smartphone it is showing old charging data, and then displays "Check Internet Connection". This is recent and happens a lot. I have excellent wifi network, powerwall app works fine, why is the Tesla App doing this. Worked for several years without an issue, now, "check internet connection" showing all the time.

Comments, suggestions, appreciated.

The way I make it work is to turn off wifi, and connect via 5G.

What is interesting is this does not seem to happen using my IOS iPad, never get the "Internet Connection" error.

My Android smartphone is a Pixel 7, Android 14.

Thanks

When launching the Tesla app on my Android smartphone it is showing old charging data, and then displays "Check Internet Connection". This is recent and happens a lot. I have excellent wifi network, powerwall app works fine, why is the Tesla App doing this. Worked for several years without an issue, now, "check internet connection" showing all the time.

Comments, suggestions, appreciated.

The way I make it work is to turn off wifi, and connect via 5G.

What is interesting is this does not seem to happen using my IOS iPad, never get the "Internet Connection" error.

My Android smartphone is a Pixel 7, Android 14.

Thanks
Clear cache

Reboot the Tesla’s MCU. Hold down both scroll wheels until the big screen reboots.

Sometimes the WiFi driver goes nuts. Only a reboot can clean it up… for a while…

Anecdote: My Model X kept saying a SW update was available, connect to WiFi for a week. Had to reboot the MCU and then it instantly downloaded the update.