Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X left side mirror base(bracket?) repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I bumped into the garage frame when backing out of the garage and damaged the left-side rearview mirror as shown in the picture. Does anybody have experience or suggestions what's the best way to fix this? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8887.JPG
    IMG_8887.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 38
I don't know about fixing it, but if it's anything like the M3's where people have videos of taking the entire side mirror off to do chrome delete, you should be able to take the apart to replace. Looks like there's plenty of examples of MX mirror removals for reference.

I watched my chrome delete installer take it apart. Not overly complicated, but you have to be comfortable with removing trim pieces as that are held in place mostly by plastic clips.

I’ve found that Tesla is cheaper than a body shop in my experience with replacing a M3 rear bumper. Tesla will provide a quote in the Tesla app if you schedule an appointment for the mirror replacement and have a few pictures to show exactly what parts needs to be replaced.